Special Events Internship-Cystic Fibrosis FoundationBookmark This
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
3102 Maple Ave, Suite 120
DescriptionThe Special Event Intern assists the Executive Director and Development Staff in the planning, implementation and evaluation of assigned events and other chapter programs. The CF Foundation’s mission is to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease. Our passion for fulfilling our mission grows stronger with each milestone we achieve.
Responsibilities• Assist with planning and logistics of events as assigned
• Help plan new events
• Carry out all accounting and financial responsibilities in compliance with audit procedures
• Develop and produce event materials as needed
• Seek underwriting, in-kind donations and auction items
• May assist with recruiting sponsors
• Support volunteer recruitment initiatives in chapter to recruit new leadership
• Coordinate letters and mailings
• Responsible for and/or assists with the following as assigned: maintain all chapter accounts in accordance with the Chapter Accounting Manual; manage and track all chapter financials, including donor information, utilizing PledgeMaker; maintain timely and accurate Auction Tracker database; and maintain efficient record-keeping systems, including databases.
Requirements• Exposure to a not-for-profit and/or customer service/sales environment is preferred
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and stay organized to ensure timely and accurate work
• Close attention to detail is essential
• Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) necessary to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, donors, and other staff members, and to provide information requiring courtesy and tact.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Initiative, follow-through, sound and accurate judgment with an ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions.
• Strong professional ethics which include approaching others in a tactful manner; reacting well under pressure; treating others with respect and consideration; dealing with confidential patient information; accepting responsibility for own actions; following through on commitments.
• Must have access to reliable transportation and ability to travel to work
• Use of computer required
• Sitting, bending, reaching, and walking
• Some heavy lifting may be required