Special Events Management & OperationsBookmark This
City of Cape Coral - Special Events
PO BOX 150027
Cape Coral, FL
Our Goal for you is to have an educational and hands on experience in the world of Special Events here at the City of Cape Coral. You will learn the roles of an Event Coordinator and the staff behind the division, while receiving hands on training in need to know areas. These Internships were created to give students a better understanding of the field they are going into. Each intern will work a 500 Hour block, plus events and will be able to experience 15+ citywide events here at the City of Cape Coral. Start and end dates along with event hours and office hours are flexible depending upon the reasoning.
Start time and end time/ scheduled hours___________________________________________________________
- Fall : August- December (office hours are 8:30am-4:30pm M-F; events fall on days, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Spring : January- May (office hours are 8:30am-4:30pm M-F; events fall on days, nights, weekends and holidays)
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
City of Cape Coral – Special Events Division
ATTN: Internship Program
PO BOX 150027
Cape Coral, Florida 33915
OR Email to:
Ecroutha@capecoral.net with “Special Events Internship Program/ Your Name” in the subject line.
ResponsibilitiesResponsible for: (Some of the tasks you will be responsible for)______________________________________________________________
- Learning all mechanics and operational procedures of the city owned stage, movie screen, generators, cable and AV equipment
- Establishing layout and facilitation of all barricade setups, along with crew needed
- Creating a relationship with the temporary labor company and ordering labor when needed for events
- In charge of all equipment within the Special Events House and Trailer
- Create task sheets for interns and labor staff per event
- Organizing parking and working with Volunteer Intern to setup parking volunteers.
- AND MORE !
- Event Management, Business, Sports Resort & Hospitality or Event/ Business Related Majors
- College Student or Graduate (Non- college students or graduates may apply but must submit a letter with application/ resume explain how this internship will better your education and job experience)
- Experience in Microsoft word, excel, publisher and outlook.
- Available to work scheduled office hours along with event times. (Each Intern will have (1) week of vacation time)
- Available to work in the United States.
- Strong organization and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills