Event Planner for Sports Management Team *paid bonuses*Sutherland Sports
For CrossRoads LIVE Music VenueDr Ren Recommends LLC
Programming & Marketing InternshipGolden Gate Restaurant Association
Events & Sponsorship InternshipGolden Gate Restaurant Association
Event AssistantParagon Events Inc.
Special Events & Promotion InternBookmark This
932 Wilson St.
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionTwo Wings is dedicated to inspiring and empowering survivors of sex trafficking in the Los Angeles area pursue a dream career through life coaching, mentoring and job placement.
At Two Wings we believe in order to achieve any significant change it is important to engage the community in the solution. Our goal is create opportunities for local businesses to get involved in serving our clients through creative ventures. From becoming donors to hosting events with their friends/clients, we aim to provide unique opportunities for each participating business to contribute to our story.
ResponsibilitiesAs the special events and promotion intern you will be dealing with not only helping organize and throw the event, but also be working closely with all other structures of the Org, including our media, design, and community outreach departments, as well as our clients.
This is a very hands on position. You will be thrown a lot of various task, but will also be given lots of autonomy to complete them. You will learn a lot, make good connections, and of course have fun as you will be working with a great group of girls.
• Collaborate with and assist Director of Special Events & Promotion on projects
• Generate partnership initiatives for Fall 2012 and upcoming 2013 yr.
• Assist in planning and executing events associated with Fall 2012 initiatives
• Work closely with our clients and develop close relationships with them.
• Communicate with vendors and community partners
• Develop relationships with local businesses
• Identify and procure upcoming events for Two Wings to participate
• Do various research projects for upcoming events
• Assist in marketing campaigns and working with our Social Media Manager
• Act as Two Wings ambassador at events
• Field emails or calls regarding partnerships
• Assist with planning and executing Two Wing events
• Must be present at events and be able to work events
• Must have transportation
• Maintain Professionalism during events
• Submit weekly project updates to Dir. and CEO
Requirements• Event planning and Marketing/Promotion experience
• Creative thinker
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Able to handle oneself in high stress environment
• Solution oriented
• Ability to work independently and a team environment
• Capability in taking initiative on projects
• Ability to multi-task
• Exposure/experience in social media strategies/campaigns
• Outgoing personality
• Willingness to complete tasks large or small
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
• Creative approach to challenges
• Must be flexible (we are a grass roots organization where everyone wears multiple hats)
• Currently enrolled in a college or university
• Commit to 10-15 hours a week
• Willing to travel within the greater Los Angeles area