Special Events - Student VolunteerBookmark This
American Cancer Society
Cedar Knolls, NJ
DescriptionAre you looking for a learning opportunity that directly impacts the community you live in? The following position is a non-paid student internship. This internship is an excellent opportunity for students who desire hands-on experience within the non-profit, fundraising & special events arenas. To apply for this internship, please submit your resume to Alex Baron at Alex.Baron@cancer.org
The Special Events Intern’s role will be to support the Special Events staff in the planning and execution of Relay For Life, a series of fundraisers around Northwest NJ involving over 24 communities and raising over $1.4 million.
Candidate must be energetic, a team player, results-oriented and dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals. This internship requires a candidate with confidence in interpersonal communication, excellent writing skills, and a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with and affected by cancer.
About the American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Support implementation of key logistics
• Aid in recruitment of volunteers, and assist with the communication and coordination of all details for event volunteers.
• Offer support of event collateral materials including posters, flyers and registration forms
• Assist with & coordinate office mailings & track responses, guest lists & RSVPs
• Outreach to potential vendors, sponsors, committees & participants
• Other administrative duties as assigned
Desired skill set: Creative, innovative, and resourceful individual with computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, refined interpersonal skills, and excellent writing skills.