Special Events and Tourism InternshipBookmark This
Historic Manassas, Inc.
9431 West Street
DescriptionHistoric Manassas, Inc. (HMI) is a 501(c) (3) charitable, non-profit corporation funded by private donations and the City of Manassas that works to revitalize, preserve, and enhance the economic base that insures the rich tradition, history, charm, and friendly ambience of Old Town Manassas by utilizing the four point Virginia Main Street program of Organization, Promotion, Design, and Economic Restructuring.
Under the supervision of the Events Coordinator, the intern will…
• Gain first-hand knowledge and experience of the inner workings of a historical Visitor Center
• Assist the Visitor Center Manager with visitor center inquires, brochure orders and distribution
• Maintain and edit databases for sponsors, vendors, and entertainers for events
• Learn to develop and plan for logistical and risk management support
• Make follow up phone calls to vendors and entertainers interested in the festivals and events
• Assist Event Coordinator with organization and logistics for events
Marketing and Promotions:
• Aid in updating event websites with entertainment, vendor, and festival information
• Work on event advertising for three major community events
• Assist with distributing festival posters throughout Manassas, Virginia
• Research potential sponsorships and grants within Manassas, Virginia for annual events
• Assist Events Coordinator with building and updating event budget for major City event(s)
Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors Degree program for Tourism and Event Management or similar field.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations
• Professional demeanor
• Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Publisher
• Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
• Ability to meet deadlines