Venue Event Planning InternshipGetaway Motor Club
Special Events & Marketing InternshipPowered By Professionals
Event Planning Internship at the Straz Center for the Performing ArtsDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
AABB Internship, Externships and Academic Residency Program (National Blood Foundation - NBF)AABB
Corporate/Special Event PlannerLuxjure Events LLC
Web Design Intern For Online/Offline Event CompanyBookmark This
1718 M Street, NW Suite 150
DescriptioniBlack is a soon to be launched early stage startup with a mission to become the leading lifestyle portal for black America.
We are seeking an intern to help design and maintain the company Wordpress website which markets 20 - 30 events per month and the online community built around these events. Types of projects may include website design, website maintenance such as updating events and other website content, and overseeing third party script integration. The position also requires maintaining and editing of Wordpress themes and plugins.
Candidates must have web design experience and be knowledgeable and experienced with HTML & PHP coding and comfortable working in a virtual office environment. Interns need to be flexible concerning daily tasks and be able to adapt to rapidly changing projects.
In addition, applicants must be well organized with excellent communication skills, be creative and driven to help make this startup business a success. We are looking for entrepreneurial, highly motivated, and coach-able individuals with goals beyond just having a job.
Our culture is very laid back. Think silicon valley start up. Our company is fast paced, exciting and we highly value creative thinking and initiative. You will have access to internal company technology and resources necessary to be successful in a virtual office environment,
This is an unpaid internship, however the interns selected have the opportunity for high level full time employment and the ability to receive company stock options upon completing certain initiatives. This is an extremely unique opportunity for a group of very motivated individuals to create a business with the help of experienced entrepreneurs. The experiences gained from this position will be unparalleled and invaluable and will set each of these individuals up to be incredibly financially successful.
APPLY ONLINE AT: http://iblack.biz/portal/job-openings/
Responsibilities• Web design and maintenance of company website
• Web design and maintenance of community social networking site
• Overseeing third party script integration
• Maintaining and editing of multiple Wordpress themes and plugins
• Establish milestones, goals and track progress
• Generate reports on project status
• Work with other teams to solicit input and execute necessary action items
• MUST be well versed in Wordpress and have working knowledge of BuddyPress
• Proficient in HTML, PHP, & CSS
• Basic Knowledge of Ajax, HTML 5, App, Widget, and other coding languages a plus
• Must have a passion for the creative development process
• Strong listening skills and the ability to be open to new ideas from team members, coworkers, industry sources and clients.
• Ability to manage several projects with keen attention to details and process
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
• Possess creativity, energy, and boundless ideas
• MUST be knowledgeable and experienced with technology and comfortable working in a virtual office environment
• Candidates will spend 3-6 months working on the marketing aspects of our start up business.
• Required 10-15 hours/week.
• Candidates are NOT required to work between normal hours (9:00AM-5:00PM) except for specific reasons such as a planned meeting.
• Candidates will be required to track their time and company activities.
• Studying for or recently graduated with a degree in IT/Computer Science preferred
• Strong analytical skills Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• We provide our interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship