Community Outreach & Events InternshipSchools for Girls
Event CoordinatorThrill of the Hunt
Web Developer ASAP UnpaidChic Events Group Inc.
Public Relations Intern Unpaid ASAP1Chic Events Group Inc.
Event Planning InternshipCentral Flroida Renassiance Faire, Inc
American Red Cross Special Events Internship- Summer 2017American Red Cross of Chicago & Northern Illinois
GAIN EXPERIENCE AS AN EVENT COORDINATORFlorida Business Consulting
Social Media & Community Management InternDreamsCo
Summer Internships at ISC - Conference & Events DeptBookmark This
International Sculpture Center
14 Farigrounds Road, Suite B
Posted: May 16 2017
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 06/01/17 — 09/01/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe International Sculpture Center (ISC) is a member-supported, nonprofit organization founded in 1960 to champion the creation and understanding of sculpture and its unique, vital contribution to society. Members include sculptors, collectors, patrons, architects, developers, journalists, curators, historians, critics, educators, foundries, galleries, and museums—anyone with an interest in and commitment to the field of sculpture.
Please be advised that although this is an unpaid internship, we do offer a $25/day travel stipend for each day traveled to the office.
Conference and Events
Conference and Events Intern is required to assist with the planning, organization, and marketing for conferences and special events. The Conference and Events Intern works primarily with the Conference and Events Manager.
• Assist in implementation of event marketing plan
• Respond to conference / event inquires by phone or email
• Assist with online registration procedures
• Research venues, travel options, and supplemental activities
• Assist in the creation of the conference program
• Assist with coordination of on-site logistics
• Respond to inquires
• Provide support for staff, attendees, and speakers
• Assist with online registration
RequirementsThe ISC offers a limited number of internship opportunities for students and artists under the Conference & Events Department
• Enrollment is continuous, (although four-month or full-semester sessions are preferred)
• Participants will be provided with a $25 travel stipend for each reporting day
• Interns receive a free ISC membership or a one year subscription to Sculpture magazine
• University credit may also be available through participating institutions
Our offices are adjacent to the Grounds For Sculpture in Hamilton, New Jersey. Interns will have access to ongoing exhibitions in their museum and the 42-acre sculpture park and gardens. A public café on the grounds is open for lunch on Tuesday – Friday.
• 2 - 3 days per week (10 am–4 pm) for the entire summer or four months or a full-semester.
• Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and comfortable within a professional office environment.
• Perform in the same professional manner as would an employee that is to maintain regular working hours, punctuality, appropriate conduct and dress.
• Prior experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and FileMaker is a plus.
• good time management skills with the ability meet strict deadlines
• the ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
• strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
• strong interpersonal skills
• sharp attention to details
• ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize workload with multiple projects
• willingness to work in a team environment
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• proficiency in Microsoft Office a must