- Internships /
- Event Planning /
- American Heart Association Event/Fundraising Intern - St. Petersburg, Fl
Team Walls internWallsPop Marketing & Communications Group.
Music Festival InternMusic for the Revolution
Marketing & Events InternSanta Monica Chamber of Commerce
Events & Management InternLupus Foundation of America, Florida Chapter
Fashion Event Inters NeededMetal and Smith
Entry Level Campaign and Event Coordinator: Paid TrainingImperial Solutions, Inc
Wedding Coordinator InternshipYou're The Bride
Special Events and Volunteers InternGeorgia Center for Child Advocacy
American Heart Association Event/Fundraising Intern - St. Petersburg, FlBookmark This
American Heart Association
11207 Blue Heron Blvd. N
Saint Petersburg, FL
Posted: August 08 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe mission of the American Heart Association is building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. We are the leading health organization that funds research and education toward our mission. What we are looking for is an intern who wants to gain experience with event planning, nonprofits and learn essential skills that will prepare them for their future careers. Availability for two or more consecutive semesters will be beneficial in order to gain maximum experience and exposure to the American Heart Association.
Please only apply if you are located in the Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL area. Thank you!
• Assist Event Specialists in the execution of our local sponsorship events, as well as the three core fundraising events Heart Walk, Heart Ball and Go Red for Women Luncheon
• Solicitation calls for auction items and incentive prizes
• Help manage health fair requests
• Assist with volunteer management for events
• Attend vendor meetings with Event Specialists
• Assist with mailings and internal printing projects
• Create event promotional materials
• Day-to-day office tasks
Requirements• Experience with Microsoft office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher)
• Team player
• Work independently on occasion
Students will have the opportunity to develop skills and gain experience in fundraising, event planning, and community relations. This is a great opportunity for students to gain practical experiences and essential skills that will prepare them for their future careers. Students must live in the Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL area.