Community Outreach & Events InternshipSchools for Girls
Event CoordinatorThrill of the Hunt
Web Developer ASAP UnpaidChic Events Group Inc.
Public Relations Intern Unpaid ASAP1Chic Events Group Inc.
Event Planning InternshipCentral Flroida Renassiance Faire, Inc
American Red Cross Special Events Internship- Summer 2017American Red Cross of Chicago & Northern Illinois
GAIN EXPERIENCE AS AN EVENT COORDINATORFlorida Business Consulting
Social Media & Community Management InternDreamsCo
Climate Advocate Event SchedulerBookmark This
Citizens Climate Lobby
Massachusetts State Coordinator Office
Posted: February 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCitizens' Climate Lobby/Citizenss Climate Education's mission is to create the political will for a sustainable climate and to empower individuals to have breakthroughs in exercising their personal and political power. CCL is a national nonpartisan non-profit with educational programs and lobbying activities (designations of 501 (c-3) and 501 (c-4)). (www.citizensclimatelobby.org). The position purpose is to support outreach to educate a broad array of communities and interest groups about the purpose and benefits of pricing greenhouse gas emissions. This effort will initially be focused on Massachusetts, but may grow to include collaboration with others to do the same in neighboring states. Additionally, this position involves research, editing and updating presentation materials, data entry and communication with CCL volunteers.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Massachusetts State Coordinator
• Weekly commitment 10-12 hours a week for a full semester or summer
• Work as available 9:00 to 5:00 and weekly early evening status phone call
Contact Gary Rucinski, Massachusetts State Coordinator at 617 803-8038 firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities• Learn CCL policy position and advocacy methodologies; participate in monthly conference calls
• Learn how to identify and develop speaking opportunities
• Work with one or more experienced CCL presenters to staff speaking opportunities
• Research economic and jobs reports as they pertain to energy policy
• Research energy statistics, health effects of climate change, alternate policy proposals etc.
• Update presentation materials
Requirements• Computer with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google docs, Internet, email and Skype functions
• Passion for environmental advocacy
• Interest in government and political science
• Applicants need to be at least 18 years of age