Wedding/ Event Coordinator (Internship)Porche Weddings & Special Events
Special Events InternThe Wedding Dance Specialists
Special Projects AssistantThe Salvation Army National Capital Area
Festival Management InternVA StrEats
Sponsorship InternVA StrEats
WGBH Special EventsWGBH
Public Relations InternVIta Sociale Productions Inc.
Sport and Event ManagementProspect Wire Inc.
The Thaddeus Foundation
133 E Bonita Ave.
San Dimas, CA
Posted: September 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJob Description: The position will assist in corporate event and activity planning for the organization. The posi-tion requires excellent hands on experience with planning events.
• Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with some evenings and weekends
• Must be available to work approximately 20 hours per week during the summer (June – September)
• Must be available to work approximately 15 hours per week during the academic year
• This internship is 4 months long and is renewable pending performance review
• Receive direct supervision from the Marketing Director
• Participate in professional training offered to all employees
• Engage in employee events such as a monthly staff luncheon, etc.
• Build resume and explore career options
• Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
• Flexible scheduling to allow for finals and changes in class schedule
*** We are an equal opportunity employer. ***
• Assist with event and activity planning
• Assist with setup, execution, and completion of events
• Develop strategies to continuously improve the future success of events
• Update list of invites
• Send out invites through mail, email, and by phone
• Follow-up with invitees to maximize event attendance
• Experience in event planning and public relations
• Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Possess strong personal integrity and ethical principles
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management, problem-solving and organization skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
• Is responsible and self-motivated
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• If hired, you will be required to become a mandated reporter