IMMEDIATE NEED: EVENT ASSISTANTS NEEDED IN METRO ATLANTANATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN OWNED SMALL BUSINESSES, INC
Summer Special Events Intern (Full - Time) - UnpaidThe National Archives
Event Coordinator / Program DevelopmentB~STEM Project
NEW OFFICE - EVENT ASSISTANT NEEDEDColorado Promotional Group
Social Media & Community Management InternThese 3 Words Weddings Events & Catering
Events managerWorld Arts
Events Intern For Company Geared Toward Minority WomenBrown Girl Bloggers
Event Planner InternshipOviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
Development/Special Events Internship: RIDE To End Alzheimer'sBookmark This
Alzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
480 Pleasant St.
Posted: October 13 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDevelopment/Special Events Internship: RIDE To End Alzheimer’s
Unpaid / 10-12 Hours per week minimum
For the Spring 2017 semester, this internship can be conducted in our Watertown or Worcester, MA offices or in our Bedford, NH office
Overview of Alzheimer’s Association
Founded in 1980, the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter operates out of its main office in Watertown, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, and in Bedford, NH.
RIDE To End Alzheimer’s
2017 marks the 21st year of the RIDE To End Alzheimer’s. This fundraising event has raised over $4 Million for Alzheimer’s research. The event includes a family ride as well as 30, 62 and 100 mile options.
• Attend monthly event Planning Committee meetings where possible
• Assist with phone and email outreach to past RIDE participants
• Assist with social media outreach/recruitment
• Identify and reach out to relevant athletic clubs/groups to encourage participation
• Assist with event planning in areas such as logistics, promotion, volunteer recruitment, registration tracking, etc.
• Provide assistance with preparing and distributing event materials
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable with database work
• Desktop publishing skills including experience with Microsoft Publisher is preferable
• Experience using Raiser’s Edge a plus, but not required
• Flexibility and willingness to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed
• Ability to handle many projects and manage tasks independently
• Outgoing, energetic personality
• Interest in special events and fundraising a plus