Wedding Coordinator InternshipYou're The Bride
Special Events and Volunteers InternGeorgia Center for Child Advocacy
Play Streets (Paid Internship)Harvest Home Farmers Market
Farmers Market InternUnion Square Main Streets
Event Planning InternshipMH Event Productions & Consulting
Executive PR AssistantSacramento Events
Special Events InternshipSacramento Events
Freedom 4/24 - Event Administration InternshipBookmark This
110B Duncraig Drive
Posted: June 29 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFreedom 4/24 exists to raise awareness of the sexual exploitation and human trafficking of the women and children around the world and to provide financial support to partner organizations dedicated to bringing and doing justice.
Job Title: Event Administration Internship
Reports To: Freedom 4/24 Staff
Date: Spring/Summer/Fall Internship
To serve as the Event Administration Intern with the aim of supporting the National Race Director, Local Race Directors, and volunteers for each Run 4 Their Lives event.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Create and follow up with correspondence for event participants.
2. Assist in creating and sending event supplies from headquarters to local venues.
3. Assist in creating and maintaining social media for each event.
4. Create and send press releases to local venue media outlets.
5. Work with National Race Director to create and send venue specific marketing materials (T-shirts, Save-the-dates, brochures, flyers, etc)
6. Aid in developing special projects, i.e. short videos, editing materials, emails, etc.
7. Assist with event participant management for further donations and communication.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Freedom 4/24 staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must be self motivated and have the ability to problem solve and to seek out creative solutions independently but also understand that program development requires community effort.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completed at least two years of fulltime studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree in communications, non-profit management, or similar areas of study.
Experience in nonprofit work is desired but not required; however, it is essential to have the understanding that working in the nonprofit world means being flexible and willing to serve in varying capacities.
The ability to live in Lynchburg, VA for the duration of the internship is required.
SkillsRequired - Time Management, Oral & Written Communication Skills, Detail Oriented, Proficient Communicator
Preferred - Sales and Marketing