Entry Level Campaign and Event CoordinatorImperial Solutions, Inc
Events Intern (Unpaid)The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design
Event Planning InternEvent Kings
FULL TIME - Hands-On Internship - Training ProvidedLakeview Consultants
Marketing & Brand Internship- EventsAbstract Elements Management Agency
Event Planning & DesignCouture Concepts NY
High Hope Steeplechase - Event Planning InternshipKentucky Horse Park
Events Facilitator Assistant for The Wow Talks, San DiegoLuib Health Specialty Services, LLC
Event AssistantBookmark This
352 NE 3rd Ave.
Delray Beach, FL
Posted: October 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionParagon is one of the premier event planners in the nation, planning events across the United States as well as internationally to Europe, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean (Cuba Specifically) to name a few. We cater to an elite clientele including high level executives in the Healthcare, Tech, and Finance Industries (mainly Fortune 500 Companies). We excel in the niche of Corporate Events but also support the needs of our clients for Association Management, Marketing, Destination Management and Incentive Planning.
We are looking for highly detail oriented and motivated individuals to participate in our internship program. Learn proper office procedure along with how to produce an RFP, how to manage a timeline and a budget, site selection, contract writing and preparation, and vendor selection and management. This is NOT a full list of the items covered in our internship program.
Check out our website at: http://www.paragon-events.com/
Responsibilities• Office basics
• Event Set-up: Review Event Set-up procedure
o Preparing a Timeline
o Mark dates in the calendar
o Talking Page
o Contact Page
o Overview and Set-up of Binder (AKA the Event Bible,) its importance and proper set up
• Save-the-Date and event invitations (Online and Hardcopy)
• Site Selection, Inspection and Attainment
• Continued Database Management
• Setting Up a Room Block
• Speaker recommendation and selection process
• Proofing printed materials and press releases, etc.
• Lead research
• Industry trends
• Off Premise Venue Selection
• A/V needs and selection
• Entertainment Selection and attainment
• Social Activity Selection and Reservation
• Transportation needs, bids, selection and reservations
• Analyze food and beverage needs and selection, preparing menus
• Pulling Registration Reports – how to pull them and set them up
• Setting Calendar reminders for contractual dates, cut-offs, etc.
• Event Prep - what to always bring with you to an offsite event
• Packing and Unpacking and where the items go
• Deposits and keeping track of due dates
• Selection of Food and Beverage Menu’s, creation and review of BEO’s
• Speaker reservations including hotel room, travel and any additional needs outlined in contract
• Confirming Vendors
• What can/will go wrong, how to fix it and how to stay calm
• Attendee, Sponsor and Exhibitor Lists
• Sponsor Tracking and Fulfillment
• Confirmation Emails for Attendees, Sponsors and Exhibitors
• Signage: Selection, Approval and Printing
• Attrition Cut-Off: The Importance of Deadlines
• Final Rooming Lists
• Post Conference Meetings
• Event Recaps
• Opinion Survey’s/Evaluation
• Name Badges: Printing, Stuffing and Organizing
RequirementsAttention to detail.
Ability to multi-task.
Effective communication skilled (both verbal and written).
Calm in stressful situations.
Inquisitive nature and eagerness to learn.
SkillsRequired - PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Suite
Preferred - Social Media, Constant Contact, Registration, SurveyMonkey, Cvent