Special Events InternThe Wedding Dance Specialists
Special Projects AssistantThe Salvation Army National Capital Area
Festival Management InternVA StrEats
Sponsorship InternVA StrEats
WGBH Special EventsWGBH
Public Relations InternVIta Sociale Productions Inc.
Sport and Event ManagementProspect Wire Inc.
Events Facilitator Assistant for The Wow Talks, San DiegoLuib Health Specialty Services, LLC
Event Assistant/CoordinatorBookmark This
London Square Area
Posted: February 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout the Company:
Linking Events is an event company with a focus on event sponsorships. We are a small business with big clients. We are a wholesome group of individuals who love what we do and take our jobs very seriously and have fun together. We do “Pay it Forward” activities at the end of the year to give back to the community what we were so blessed to receive. Our clients are high profile and deserve the best we can offer. We handle everything from sponsorship liaison to staff management with our sister company. The company has been with many of the same clients for various years and continue to grow each year. We work hard to maintain the trust and confidence from our clients at during each project.
We are looking for someone who can hop on a plane or in a car and go to the next event when the rest of the event managers are busy. We are looking for the next event manager. If you do not have sales experience, you should have some field experience. This job is not about us, it’s about our clients and we pride ourselves in being capable of maintaining a high level or quality in everything we do. You will be working closely with the Account Manager & CEO. We are looking for someone who wants to stay long term and grow within the company. Our ideal candidate is a resilient, outgoing, motivated, independent individual who can grasp ideas quickly and learn quicker.
Responsibilities- Working on the back end of projects to oversee that the event runs smoothly
- Coordinating travel accommodations for traveling Event Manager
- Training to become an Event Manager
- You will be training contractors to work with you or other event manager as a team
- In charge of recapping the event in Power Point format for the clients in a timely manner
- Developing photography skills to take picture at these events
- Coding leads generated at events and sending them to clients
- This is not a glamorous position, it requires hard work and a lot of attention to detail
- Setting up and breaking down events (this include lifting, bending, stooping, walking and standing for long periods of time)
- Supervising and keeping the event running smoothly
- Good intentions/ Good Morals/ Good Work ethics
- Solid background in customer service
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Sales background (2 plus years)
- At least Junior in college or above
- MUST HAVE Open availability to work some weekends
- MUST HAVE your own transportation
- Go getter/ Can do attitude
- Google Docs/ MS Excel/ MS Outlook/ MS Power Point proficiency
- Photoshop skills- a plus
- Previous photography practice – a plus
- Is looking for a long term commitment
- Can bring in new clients
- Can bring in a fresh pair of eyes to any situation
- Is a creative problem-solver
- Team player
- Great communication skills
- Meets all of our qualifications.
- An eclectic individual with a passion to succeed.