Paid Marketing Intern WANTEDQEB Foundation
Media Intern (Photo)Sharespace
Sales & Event Planning InternHigh Spirits Hospitality.com
Coordinator (Event Planner)The Thaddeus Foundation
Social Media Marketing & Community Management InternChickey Boston
Part - Time Event Coordination INTERNSLMGBrand
GATE PROGRAM AMBASSADORSAction for Boston Community Development, Inc.
Special Events InternshipH3 Concepts
Event CoordinatorBookmark This
Wanda McKiver Productions, LLC.
520 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY
Posted: June 13 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 15 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWanda McKiver Productions, LLC. is a full scale entertainment company. We are currently opening our 2016-2017 theatrical season as well as multiple themed events, both for profit as well as for charitable causes. Our companies' culture is built on integrity and teamwork while allowing individuals to freely express their creativity. Our interns will enjoy many benefits and perks while learning the infrastructure of the entertainment industry while preparing for a prosperous life in the world of business.
Responsibilities• College degree, or equivalent experience required
• Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-faceted, creative environment and must be able to work well under pressure
• Meticulous organizations abilities and concise and effective verbal and written communications are required
• Ability to adapt to challenges and opportunities with a solution-oriented perspective
• Interact with clients and industry professionals
• Strong team player
• Registration experience in the meeting industry required
• Must be able to travel about 20% of the time
• Computer skills required
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel PPT)
o Working knowledge of online registration administration (any online registration tool) and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
Requirements• Create & manage all pre-planning logistics & on-site program operations including travelling on-site for the event
• Client interaction – build client relationship, schedule and execute site inspections with client contact and event vendors
• Create and manage key dates for all components of the event
• Partner with registration manager to fulfill client needs or, in some cases, manage registration for smaller events
• Negotiate contracts and manage suppliers including hotels, DMC’s, off-site venues, and caterers, etc.
• Write master event specification documents and distribute to vendors to ensure accurate delivery of contracted services
• Write a copy for event communications/collateral pieces
• Partner with clients to source event marketing and promotional campaign first items
• Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget, manage final billing and reconciliation