Italian Rest. in SoCal & Gelato Shop Seeks Culinary School Students & Grads As InternsBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Social Media InternBrunch and Slay
Production Accounting Assistant InternshipEyesight Fashion & Luxury Inc.
Production Assistant InternshipEyesight Fashion & Luxury Inc.
Event Planning InternshipProject DragonFruit
Event Planner Internship1,000 Shoes for 1,000 Smiles
Intern - Special Events, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Design AssistantA Moment In Time Wedding & Event Production
Event Coordinator InternBookmark This
Home Aid Northern Virginia
3684 Centerview Drive, Suite 110B
Posted: December 02 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionExciting event coordinator internship offering real-world experience in helping to plan and execute HomeAid’s major social and fundraising event, and several smaller events throughout the year. Position allows for great creativity and flexibility in carrying out the duties needed to ensure successful events. Position is responsible for all details of the event that pertain to planning, marketing, hotel/food/beverage, awards presentation, speakers, programs, and on-site logistics. Gain valuable event planning experience in this dynamic, fast-paced working environment.
Unpaid internship but stipend available.
Responsibilities• Help to plan and coordinate yearly events
• Maintain files, records, and contracts related to all events
• Prepare materials for event committee meetings
• Track attendees, sponsors, vendors and others for all events
• Update all marketing and communications activities related to events
• Attendance at periodic events is required
• Assist with all HomeAid and community outreach events as needed
• Computer proficient, especially in Microsoft Word, and Excel
• Energetic, self-starter, with flexible and positive attitude
• Strong team player and ability to work cooperatively with others
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving and customer service skills
Attendance at all HomeAid events
Attendance at some other networking events