LIFESTYLE AND EVENTS INTERN Spring/Summer 17'MiaLandyn Events
Event Production InternshipHadley Media
Event Planning / Staffing Company Seeks Intern for NYC location. Possible travel.Jordana PR
Event Coordinator - Event Specialists - Entry LevelVanquish Marketing Group
Events Facilitator Assistant for The Wow Talks, San DiegoLuib Health Specialty Services, LLC
Event Planning InternshipProject DragonFruit
Event InternshipShiraz Events
DPOINTGROUP IS SEARCHING FOR INTERNS IN EVENT MANAGEMENT IN BARCELONADpoint Group
Event Designer InternBookmark This
Syzygy Events International
7895 Cessna Ave. Suite K-L
Posted: November 03 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSyzygy Events International is a boutique event production company creating unimaginable event environments. From intimate gatherings to elaborate galas, Syzygy succeeds in producing seamless, innovative event décor.
ResponsibilitiesIntern Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Model & Embody the company’s Core Values
• Assist in all aspects of event design and management including, scheduling meetings, communicating with clients, attend on-site walk-throughs with/for Julie.
• Manage the proposal development process from start to finish.
• Maintain detailed expense records and calculate profit and loss of each event;
• Perform online research to identify fabulous décor elements or reference images.
• Assist in all aspects of the events including on-site set up as needed. This can involve physical labor.
• Miscellaneous duties: Run errands for the office or event materials..
RequirementsTo perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.