Content InternDoSD LLC.
Fall Semester Special Event InternCystic Fibrosis Foundation
Fundraising/Event Planning InternLeading Ladies of Legacy Inc.
ANALYST - PROCESS IMPROVEMENT - Event ManagementLRT
Event Production InternThe Visionary Group
Social Media/Sales/MarketingCharisma Events & Consulting
Marketing & Events InternOviedo Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
Event Managment Interniship available at Worlds Largest Indoor Karting FacilityNASKART LLC
Event Designer InternBookmark This
Syzygy Events International
7895 Cessna Ave. Suite K-L
Posted: November 03 2015
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSyzygy Events International is a boutique event production company creating unimaginable event environments. From intimate gatherings to elaborate galas, Syzygy succeeds in producing seamless, innovative event décor.
ResponsibilitiesIntern Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Model & Embody the company’s Core Values
• Assist in all aspects of event design and management including, scheduling meetings, communicating with clients, attend on-site walk-throughs with/for Julie.
• Manage the proposal development process from start to finish.
• Maintain detailed expense records and calculate profit and loss of each event;
• Perform online research to identify fabulous décor elements or reference images.
• Assist in all aspects of the events including on-site set up as needed. This can involve physical labor.
• Miscellaneous duties: Run errands for the office or event materials..
RequirementsTo perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.