Web Developer ASAP UnpaidChic Events Group Inc.
Public Relations Intern Unpaid ASAP1Chic Events Group Inc.
Event Planning InternshipCentral Flroida Renassiance Faire, Inc
American Red Cross Special Events Internship- Summer 2017American Red Cross of Chicago & Northern Illinois
GAIN EXPERIENCE AS AN EVENT COORDINATORFlorida Business Consulting
Social Media & Community Management InternDreamsCo
Special Events Intern - 5KCASA of Bradley and Polk Counties
Special Events Intern - Red Shoe GalaCASA of Bradley and Polk Counties
Event Management InternshipBookmark This
Edison Festival of Light
1524 Jackson Street
Fort Myers, FL
Posted: June 15 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Edison Festival of Light is seeking undergraduate and graduate students interested in gaining experience in a nonprofit environment. The Edison Festival of Light is a nonprofit, volunteer, self-supporting organization that plans, organizes and promotes Southwest Florida’s largest festival. The Festival is a celebration of innovation, tradition, and education and takes place in February each year and consists of 22 events and involves a half million people.
The Event Management Intern will report directly to the Marketing & Event Coordinator in the area of event management. This is an unpaid internship offered each semester (fall, spring, summer).
Please note: Due to budget constraints, Edison Festival of Light interns may need to have and bring in their own laptop computer (or a similar device such as a tablet, iPad, etc.) with appropriate software, to use during work hours. The work takes place in downtown Fort Myers.
Under direction and supervision of the Marketing & Event Coordinator, the student will learn the following:
• Increase proficiency in specific business disciplines such as logistics, event budgeting, communications, and more;
• Develop and improve skills in event planning, community development, public speaking ;
• Observe and participate in organizational operations and decision-making;
• Meet professional role models and potential mentors who can provide guidance, feedback, and support;
• Expand network of professional contacts;
• Develop and maintain a solid work ethic and professional demeanor, as well as a commitment to ethical conduct and social responsibility.
ResponsibilitiesThe Event Management Intern will be responsible for assisting the Marketing & Event Coordinator in supporting initiatives and special events organized and delivered throughout the Edison Festival of Light.
• Serves as general support for operations area;
• Review and evaluate current materials and checklists for special events and programs;
• Prepare checklists, templates, and other materials that could be used by the Edison Festival of Light and other partner organizations for use at various events;
• Updates production schedule and scripts;
• Serves as back up for any other production, office, and event needs;
• Collaborate with current staff to write operating procedures for planning various events and programs;
• Researches potential vendors and suppliers for use through special programs;
• Develops tracking sheets and other assessment instruments to track the impact of program and event procedures;
• Keeps track of special event equipment;
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements• Must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university;
• Strong language and communication skills (written and oral);
• Exceptional organization skills;
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude toward helping others;
• Ability to work both independently and in team settings;
• Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement;
• Self-motivated, flexible, quick learner, and possesses a high level of personal integrity;
• Detail-oriented with ability to meet deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed;
• Experience in special events preferred, but not required.
• Detail and task oriented.
• Ability to work independently to bring a project to completion and skills in facilitating partnerships, developing collaborative projects, prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
• Computer skills in Excel, Word and data reporting.
• Ability to multi-task, establishes priorities, meet deadlines, and successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.