Media Intern (Photo)Sharespace
Sales & Event Planning InternHigh Spirits Hospitality.com
Coordinator (Event Planner)The Thaddeus Foundation
Social Media Marketing & Community Management InternChickey Boston
Part - Time Event Coordination INTERNSLMGBrand
GATE PROGRAM AMBASSADORSAction for Boston Community Development, Inc.
Special Events InternshipH3 Concepts
Special Events InternshipSeven Hills
Event Management InternshipBookmark This
Edison Festival of Light
1524 Jackson Street
Fort Myers, FL
Posted: June 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Edison Festival of Light is seeking undergraduate and graduate students interested in gaining experience in a nonprofit environment. The Edison Festival of Light is a nonprofit, volunteer, self-supporting organization that plans, organizes and promotes Southwest Florida’s largest festival. The Festival is a celebration of innovation, tradition, and education and takes place in February each year and consists of 22 events and involves a half million people.
The Event Management Intern will report directly to the Marketing & Event Coordinator in the area of event management. This is an unpaid internship offered each semester (fall, spring, summer).
Please note: Due to budget constraints, Edison Festival of Light interns may need to have and bring in their own laptop computer (or a similar device such as a tablet, iPad, etc.) with appropriate software, to use during work hours. The work takes place in downtown Fort Myers.
Under direction and supervision of the Marketing & Event Coordinator, the student will learn the following:
• Increase proficiency in specific business disciplines such as logistics, event budgeting, communications, and more;
• Develop and improve skills in event planning, community development, public speaking ;
• Observe and participate in organizational operations and decision-making;
• Meet professional role models and potential mentors who can provide guidance, feedback, and support;
• Expand network of professional contacts;
• Develop and maintain a solid work ethic and professional demeanor, as well as a commitment to ethical conduct and social responsibility.
ResponsibilitiesThe Event Management Intern will be responsible for assisting the Marketing & Event Coordinator in supporting initiatives and special events organized and delivered throughout the Edison Festival of Light.
• Serves as general support for operations area;
• Review and evaluate current materials and checklists for special events and programs;
• Prepare checklists, templates, and other materials that could be used by the Edison Festival of Light and other partner organizations for use at various events;
• Updates production schedule and scripts;
• Serves as back up for any other production, office, and event needs;
• Collaborate with current staff to write operating procedures for planning various events and programs;
• Researches potential vendors and suppliers for use through special programs;
• Develops tracking sheets and other assessment instruments to track the impact of program and event procedures;
• Keeps track of special event equipment;
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements• Must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university;
• Strong language and communication skills (written and oral);
• Exceptional organization skills;
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude toward helping others;
• Ability to work both independently and in team settings;
• Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement;
• Self-motivated, flexible, quick learner, and possesses a high level of personal integrity;
• Detail-oriented with ability to meet deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed;
• Experience in special events preferred, but not required.
• Detail and task oriented.
• Ability to work independently to bring a project to completion and skills in facilitating partnerships, developing collaborative projects, prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
• Computer skills in Excel, Word and data reporting.
• Ability to multi-task, establishes priorities, meet deadlines, and successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.