Community Outreach & Events InternshipSchools for Girls
Event CoordinatorThrill of the Hunt
Web Developer ASAP UnpaidChic Events Group Inc.
Public Relations Intern Unpaid ASAP1Chic Events Group Inc.
Event Planning InternshipCentral Flroida Renassiance Faire, Inc
American Red Cross Special Events Internship- Summer 2017American Red Cross of Chicago & Northern Illinois
GAIN EXPERIENCE AS AN EVENT COORDINATORFlorida Business Consulting
Social Media & Community Management InternDreamsCo
Event Manager/PlannerBookmark This
511 Ryders Ln
East Brunswick, NJ
Posted: June 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEvent Manager Job Description
The Disability Allies (DA) is dedicated to providing social opportunities to connect young adults and children with and without disabilities. Event Manager is a part time position. The Event Manager reports to the Director and is responsible for managing our event registration and reaching out to our members about our events.
The Event Manager’s primary responsibilities are to manage our event registration, reach out to our members about our events and oversee the planning and organization of our events
1. Reach out to our members via phone and text messaging to remind them about our monthly events
2. Address any concerns or questions members have pertaining to our events
3. Ensure that individuals register online and check-in at our monthly events
4. Maintain records of individuals attending our monthly events
5. Update our database with emails and phone numbers of individuals that attend our events
6. Oversee and support Disability Allies volunteers and the event planning committees
Essential functions/working conditions:
• Must be able to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to connect with others and develop relationships
• Committed to the mission of serving young adults with disabilities
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to maintain detailed records and confidential information
About the Disability Allies:
The purpose of the Disability Allies is to plan team building activities that connect young adults and children with and without disabilities. At our events we pair each individual up with a mentor. The job of the mentor is to help the participants with their social skills and insure that everyone interacts with each other. Our events are open to any young adult that has a disability, knows someone with a disability or is supportive of people with disabilities. Please visit www.disabilityallies.com to learn more.
Disability Allies Anti-Discrimination statement:
Disability Allies shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender identification or expression, or military status in any of its activities of operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, and selection of vendors and provision of services.