Media Intern (Photo)Sharespace
Sales & Event Planning InternHigh Spirits Hospitality.com
Coordinator (Event Planner)The Thaddeus Foundation
Social Media Marketing & Community Management InternChickey Boston
Part - Time Event Coordination INTERNSLMGBrand
GATE PROGRAM AMBASSADORSAction for Boston Community Development, Inc.
Special Events InternshipH3 Concepts
Special Events InternshipSeven Hills
Event Managment and Health EducationBookmark This
Partners in Sex Education
Posted: November 08 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPartners in Sex Education, a 503(c) non-profit organization is looking for two interns to assist in preparing and running the second Partners in Sex Education ~ Networking and Community Building Conference in April 2016 and 2017. This unique conference brings together sex educators from all over Massachusetts and surrounding states. A full day of networking and lesson plan sharing. Much of this work can be done virtually. Three in person meetings are required.
Opportunities are available assisting in a sexuality education classroom as well.
The ideal candidate will make a commitment for a semester, 5 hours per week and a full day during our event in March. All conference fees for interns will be waived. Internships can be extended upon mutual agreement of the intern and the internship coordinator. All internships are unpaid; we will happily work with you to arrange school credit.
Responsibilities• Solicit silent auction items & sponsors
• Prepare and maintain data bases
• Promote conference through Social Media and PR
• Send confirmation/update informational emails
• Create Conference Program
• Ensure sponsors/vendors are ready and in place day of event
• Check in conference guests
• Tweet/take pictures during conference
• Monitor event activities
• Manage silent auction table
• Assist in classroom with educator
• Research sexuality education curriculum
Requirements• Desire to learn/enter the field of event management and sex education.
• Enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented, and successful multi-tasker
• Experience with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and posting/using/replying to social media
• Proofreading and writing skills
• Excellent research and summarization skills
• Knowledge of WordPress and experience presenting/educating a plus but not required