Italian Rest. in SoCal & Gelato Shop Seeks Culinary School Students & Grads As InternsBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Social Media InternBrunch and Slay
Production Accounting Assistant InternshipEyesight Fashion & Luxury Inc.
Production Assistant InternshipEyesight Fashion & Luxury Inc.
Event Planning InternshipProject DragonFruit
Event Planner Internship1,000 Shoes for 1,000 Smiles
Intern - Special Events, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Design AssistantA Moment In Time Wedding & Event Production
Event PlannerBookmark This
Posted: May 05 2016
Company Location: Cypress, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUPM Events provides services to clients wanting to promote their business, for example venues, corporate product launches by target marketing events to the general public by various party themes to draw in paying guests. The events are held in target cities and on weekend nights usually 6-11pm.
Potentially each event planner intern will have the ability to run their own business as a partner with the support of UPM Events Corporation.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
• Host an event
• Event venue selection.
• Event dates/times.
• Ability to prepare an event budget.
• Market the events
• Develop the themes for multiple events.
• Select the decor to be used at the event.
• Select and hire caterers (beverage/food) for the event.
• Select and hire the security detail properly.
• Responsible for selecting and hiring valets as well as parking attendants
• It will be the duty to manage and supervise contractors, caterers and other staff.
• Ensure the event meets all health, safety and building standards.
• It will be needed to maintain the coordination with the client to ensure that the event is successful
RequirementsSkills and Specifications
• The person must possess excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Have the ability to work well under pressure.
• The person needs to be a team player and independent.
• Have the possession of excellent strategic planning skills
• Have be deadline oriented with good attention to detail
• The basic skills required are the Public relations, marketing and project management skills