WGBH Special EventsWGBH
Public Relations InternVIta Sociale Productions Inc.
Sport and Event ManagementProspect Wire Inc.
Events Facilitator Assistant for The Wow Talks, San DiegoLuib Health Specialty Services, LLC
Social Media & Event Coordinating InternThe Warehouse LLC
Public Relations InternTier 1 Event Management
Junior Marketing Assistant InternshipSynergy Management
HR Relations InternSynergy Management
Event PlannerBookmark This
Commercial Finance Association
370 7th Ave, Suite 1801
New York, NY
Posted: April 11 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Commercial Finance Association (CFA) is seeking an Event Planning Intern. Under supervision from the Director of Conferences & Events, the Intern will assist with all functions related to planning, organizing, and marketing the CFA events, totaling over 10 a year. The CFA is the international trade association dedicated to the asset-based lending and factoring industries. We produce a number of large and small conferences throughout the year, including our Annual Convention which brings together 1200+ attendees, 50 exhibitors, 75 sponsors and 50+ speakers. Past notable speakers/entertainers include President George W. Bush, Jeb Bush, Colin Powell, Lyle Lovett, The Beach Boys, Oliver Stone, Venus Williams, Bill Walton and countless other leaders in politics, sports and entertainment.
• Consistently update social media accounts and e-mail marketing campaigns
• Facilitate event logistics, quality control, and reporting
• Assist with website and event postings (writing and editing)
• Provide administrative support for events including creating event attendee lists and preparation of event name badges
• Working with speakers on bios and headshots
• Working with sponsors/exhibitors on company descriptions, logos, etc.
• Vendor research
• Has or is working towards a Bachelor’s degree in event planning, marketing, communications, or related field
• Experience planning events
• Experience with Excel
• Basic HTML knowledge is a big plus (not required)
• Good organizational skills-Strong communication skills
• Has a strong work ethic
• Possesses strong writing skills
• Performs well in a fast paced environment
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
• On time