Community Outreach & Events InternshipSchools for Girls
Event CoordinatorThrill of the Hunt
Web Developer ASAP UnpaidChic Events Group Inc.
Public Relations Intern Unpaid ASAP1Chic Events Group Inc.
Event Planning InternshipCentral Flroida Renassiance Faire, Inc
American Red Cross Special Events Internship- Summer 2017American Red Cross of Chicago & Northern Illinois
GAIN EXPERIENCE AS AN EVENT COORDINATORFlorida Business Consulting
Social Media & Community Management InternDreamsCo
Event PlannerBookmark This
Commercial Finance Association
370 7th Ave, Suite 1801
New York, NY
Posted: April 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Commercial Finance Association (CFA) is seeking an Event Planning Intern. Under supervision from the Director of Conferences & Events, the Intern will assist with all functions related to planning, organizing, and marketing the CFA events, totaling over 10 a year. The CFA is the international trade association dedicated to the asset-based lending and factoring industries. We produce a number of large and small conferences throughout the year, including our Annual Convention which brings together 1200+ attendees, 50 exhibitors, 75 sponsors and 50+ speakers. Past notable speakers/entertainers include President George W. Bush, Jeb Bush, Colin Powell, Lyle Lovett, The Beach Boys, Oliver Stone, Venus Williams, Bill Walton and countless other leaders in politics, sports and entertainment.
• Consistently update social media accounts and e-mail marketing campaigns
• Facilitate event logistics, quality control, and reporting
• Assist with website and event postings (writing and editing)
• Provide administrative support for events including creating event attendee lists and preparation of event name badges
• Working with speakers on bios and headshots
• Working with sponsors/exhibitors on company descriptions, logos, etc.
• Vendor research
• Has or is working towards a Bachelor’s degree in event planning, marketing, communications, or related field
• Experience planning events
• Experience with Excel
• Basic HTML knowledge is a big plus (not required)
• Good organizational skills-Strong communication skills
• Has a strong work ethic
• Possesses strong writing skills
• Performs well in a fast paced environment
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
• On time