- Internships /
- Event Planning /
- Event Planning, Advertising/Marketing at Colorado Springs boutique agency for Chocolate & Wine Fest
Personal Assistant / PR AssistantThe Septimius Group LLC
American Heart Association Event Planning InternAmerican Heart Association
Technically Media Events InternshipTechnicallyMedia
Jewish Organization Seeks Assistant Event CoordinatorYJP New York
Event Planning & Design InternshipInnovate Marketing Group
Event PlanningEvent Kings
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Donor Development & IHOP Campaign InternThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Junior Marketing Assistant: Event PlannerEvents bykeko
Event Planning, Advertising/Marketing at Colorado Springs boutique agency for Chocolate & Wine FestBookmark This
Red Energy Public Relations, Advertising & Events
629 North Weber Street
Co Spgs, CO
Posted: July 18 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOur most popular annual internship has just opened up! Last Fall we had 43 students apply, just 2 were selected to join the agency for internship credit through their university. We will select 2 students again in late Aug or Early Sept who love food, wine, beer and desserts (fashion is a plus) to assist in coordinating our annual event. The festival takes place 2nd week in Feb, you'd be working on a variety of assignments Sept-Dec and as time permits in Jan. We hope you would be able to attend the event at in Feb if possible. It's a sweet event. Check it out: IndulgenceFestival.com.
Perks at the agency include spa days, Happy Hours with chair massages, food & beverage previews for the festival and opportunity to be mentored by a phenomenal group of fun professional women who absolutely love their jobs.
Red Energy Public Relations is an award-winning boutique agency located in downtown Colorado Springs providing national clients with events, news media interview training, crisis communication management, marketing and creative communication and design services.
Our Agency Services Include: (visit RedEnergyPR.com for more info)
* Event Planning
* Media Relations
* Executive Media Training
* Social Media Management
* Search Engine Optimization
* Strategic Communication
* Customer Service Audits and Client Surveys
* Website Design
* Focus Groups
* Crisis Communication Planning
The Red Energy Public Relations development program is an unpaid internship for currently enrolled graduate and undergraduate students seeking university credit for internship courses, independent study or a professional requirement as part of their curriculum. Our interns have come from universities nationwide. Students absolutely love our program because they leave with a portfolio of real client work.
Entry into our program is competitive and applicants are required to submit resumes and online work portfolios, if they have one. Select students will be called for telephone interviews and in-person interviews. Upon selection, assignments will be a combination of in-office and in the community.
Responsibilities* Helps research materials for blogs, posts on social media for our brewery, food and beverage clients, helps update client websites via Wix and WordPress, coordinates promotional materiel for fun fashion, food and wine/beer/distillery events.
Assists in the research, coordination of strategic marketing campaigns. Work may include but not limited to special event support and product packaging and promotions.
* Analyzes impact of news media relations programs, community outreach efforts and marketing assessing ROI (Return on investment). May assist in establishing database of news media contacts and participants in outreach activities.
* Will contribute articles, photographs to internal and external publications.
* Enhances professional growth and development through voluntary participation in education programs, meetings and workshops (i.e. Public Relations Society of America, Chamber of Commerce). Interns will have the opportunity to attend as non-members; some programs may have nominal fees.
“My experience working with Amy Sufak was phenomenal. Amy is a highly skilled professional with an unparalleled experience in both the private sector and the government. Public Relations is something I have always been interested in and after having worked with Amy I feel like I had the knowledge needed to pursue a career in PR. I had the opportunity to refine my writing skills to include press releases, conduct media training, participate in community meetings and events, execute event planning, interact in meetings with clients, design brochures for clients, coordinate launch parties and so much more. Amy made me feel like a part of the team and my experience working with her was world-class.”
L.V., University of Colorado,B.A. Communications
Current Employer: Hewlett Packard, Washington D.C.
“If you are looking for an internship where you will have the ability to gain insight and understanding in the communications field, Red Energy Public Relations is a great place to apply! It differs from other internship opportunities because you are faced with real situations where you can make valuable contributions, to not only a great company, but your own experience.”
T.K., Central Pennsylvania College,B.A. Communications
“My internship at Red Energy Public Relations gave me the confidence and experience I needed in order to succeed in my future career aspirations. The internship helped me become more attentive to detail and gain knowledge that gives me an edge when writing a resume, and developing a portfolio.”
C.A., University of Colorado, Colorado Springs,B.A. Communications
Requirements* Prefer someone who is crazy organized, loves color coding and has an obsession with lining things up.
* Willing to help organize around the office, help pack client packages, learn to ship via FEDEX, run to the post office or out to get office supplies when we're in the middle of a client project.
* Pursuing a degree or coursework in the field of marketing, economics, communications or business.
* Excellent English fluency oral, written communication skills
* Ability to enthusiastically multi-task and the kind of attention to detail that makes you easily spot an extra space in a paragraph.
* Motivated and genuinely interested in supporting clients with Public Relations, Marketing & Event Planning
* Eager to take on increasing responsibility, the kind of person who asks if they can help with anything else
* Capable of working independently, knowing this is what it will be like post-graduation.
* Excellent computer skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Adobe Creative Suites a plus for most students, but required for Graphic Design interns.
* Able to complete a minimum of 12 hours per week. (12 per week during Fall/Spring). Flexible hours/schedule. Time off for long weekends, holidays and exam weeks.
Must be non-smoking, awesome personal hygiene and own transportation. No visible tattoos or piercings (other than ears for women) due to preference of some of our more conservative clients. Helpful to live, at least during the internship, in area of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Professional dress and appearance is required.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office
Preferred - Adobe Creative Suite