IMMEDIATE NEED: EVENT ASSISTANTS NEEDED IN METRO ATLANTANATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN OWNED SMALL BUSINESSES, INC
Summer Special Events Intern (Full - Time) - UnpaidThe National Archives
Event Coordinator / Program DevelopmentB~STEM Project
NEW OFFICE - EVENT ASSISTANT NEEDEDColorado Promotional Group
Social Media & Community Management InternThese 3 Words Weddings Events & Catering
Events managerWorld Arts
Events Intern For Company Geared Toward Minority WomenBrown Girl Bloggers
Event Planner InternshipOviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
Event Planning InternBookmark This
The World is Fun
7551 B 15th Avenue NW
Posted: October 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe World is Fun (TWIF) is a Seattle-based nonprofit organization that is focused on connecting Seattleites with the nonprofits that need their support in a fun and engaging way. Our organization creates group volunteer opportunities, unique fundraising events and engaging ways for communities to connect.
For more information about TWIF please visit www.theworldisfun.org.
Reporting to and in partnership with our Executive Director and Events Director a the Event Planning Intern will be active in the execution of 14 events gaining experience in event planning, production, fundraising, and sponsorship. This 12-week internship beginning January 9, 2017 and includes a variety of event experiences from small 30 person events to large-scale festivals.
This is an unpaid, hands-on, skill building internship.The ideal candidate would be currently enrolled in a college or university seeking credit only. Acceptable majors include (but are not limited to): Communications, Marketing, Business, Hospitality and Event Management. All applicants must be 21. Candidates should display strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as ingenuity and an eagerness to learn.
This internship is from January 9, 2017 through April 3, 2017. The minimum time commitment is 15 hours per week.
- Assist with developing event revenue goals for existing and new events
- Assist in identifying, recruiting, cultivating, and nurturing corporate sponsors, committee members and volunteers.
- Assist in event budgeting and analysis
- Assist in planning, implementing and attend events
- Seek underwriting, in-kind donations and auction items
- Assisting in preparing research and files for vendor management
- Assisting in managing productions logistics
- Writing, editing and proofreading copy for posts, newsletters and outreach campaigns
- Research and vendor support: obtain quotes
- Assisting with research, project planning, proposal and production of events
RequirementsDesired Skills and Abilities
- Strong project management skills working in team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word
Passion for Seattle and a strong interest and familiarity in events
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Proficiency in Social Media knowledge/background: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
Experience with creating and maintaining schedules for various projects
Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to operate successfully in a stressful environment
Must have technical skills with both PC and Mac programs including Excel, Word, Apple products, Google Docs
Nice to Have...
Experience in previous event production
Familiarity of wide array of media asset types
Knowledge of various vendors in and around Seattle