Fall Semester Special Event InternCystic Fibrosis Foundation
Fundraising/Event Planning InternLeading Ladies of Legacy Inc.
ANALYST - PROCESS IMPROVEMENT - Event ManagementLRT
Event Production InternThe Visionary Group
Social Media/Sales/MarketingCharisma Events & Consulting
Marketing & Events InternOviedo Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
Event Managment Interniship available at Worlds Largest Indoor Karting FacilityNASKART LLC
Events, Marketing, & Public Relations InternshipJoonbug
Event Planning InternBookmark This
The Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts
88 Warren Street
Posted: September 22 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionULEM seeks Event Planning Interns to be part of a coordinated Development team that is raising funds and ULEM awareness while continuing to empower communities and change lives. All Event Planning Interns assist with planning and implementing ULEM events, which include the annual signature events and other mini events. These positions provide a great opportunity for professional growth and will allow the right candidates to use a diverse range of skills and experience, while working as a key member of a collaborative team. Event Planning Interns will report to the Director of Development and work closely with the entire staff. Assignments are mutually determined and based on the candidate’s strengths, as well as what s/he wants to learn.
• Accurate and up-to-date data entry for all event related lists and mailings. Must have the knowledge of Excel spreadsheet formatting and sorting in order to manage event databases and table assignments;
• Executing all event logistics: timetables, task lists, seating charts, permits and insurance certificates, vendor contracts, set-up/break down, etc.;
• Providing support for donor development, stewardship, and community outreach activities;
• Supporting creation and dissemination of ULEM’s annual appeal;
• Maintaining accuracy in producing nametags, tent cards, mailing labels, and other signage appropriate for the events;
• Coordinating with Directors to confirm sponsorship fulfillment;
• Establishing volunteer needs, roles, and responsibilities for events;
• Managing invitations and responses; fielding attendee inquiries;
• Managing registration and check-in processes using technology to create efficiencies;
• Overseeing event flow and overall timeline before, during, and after event;
• Managing post-event acknowledgements, follow-up, and debriefing;
• Working with the Communications team to write for and maintain ULEM's social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, our blog, e-newsletter and website;
• Other related tasks, as necessary.
RequirementsAn ideal candidate: The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment within an organization that is experiencing rapid change and growth, and will:
• Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, a self-starter, and committed to the mission of ULEM;
• Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail-oriented;
• Possess strong proof-reading, editing and writing skills;
• Possess strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
• Possess the ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts;
• Have a firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space;
• Be skilled at a variety of computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat are mandatory;
• Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.);
• Possess the ability to function independently and as an active team member;
• Possess the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
• Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity; and
• Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising.