Social Media & Radio Promotions InternAnnapolis Broadcast System
Event CoordinatorFTK~Konnect Events
American Heart Association Social Market InternAmerican Heart Association
Event Production InternshipGBK Productions
Special Events Planning InternEmpire Events Group
Meetings & Education Intern - Winter/SpringSentergroup
Special Events Intern - Spring 2017The Lupus Foundation of America- DC/MD/VA Chapter
Event and Operations ManagerFlour LA, Inc.
Event Planning Intern (Unpaid)Bookmark This
American Lung Association
45 Ash Street
East Hartford, CT
Posted: January 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe American Lung Association is the oldest voluntary health organization that was founded in 1904. Our mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy efforts. Located in the East Hartford Office, our Development Staff oversees six fundraising events to ensure programs and research are funded to help save lives.
This internship position is an unpaid opportunity to learn about the non-profit world. It will allow students to maximize skills to effectively produce and deliver a successful fundraising event. Reporting to the Event Manager, interns will help with event logistics such as recruitment, securing in-kind donations, sponsorships, mailings, research, and more.
Responsibilities- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with trade shows and special events to promote company and increase attendance.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Collaborate on team presentations for management and clients.
Requirements- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing, or Event Planning
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- Must be able to help at event depending on internship duration
-Must be available to work from office in East Hartford, CT