Events and Marketing internsTAVERN ON THE WHARF
Social Media & Community Management Intern6 Degrees Business Networking
Meetings & Expositions InternASAE
Chef's Market Event Sales + Account InternChef's Market
Event AssistantDowntown Cultural Arts Center
Marketing InternshipGlynn Hospitality
Meetings & Education Intern - Summer/FallSentergroup
Events Coordinator/Business Development ManagerPeopleConnect
Event Planning/Marketing InternBookmark This
310 South Harrington Street
Posted: August 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCitySocial is seeking a new Events Intern to join our growing company. As the Events Intern, you will be responsible for helping manage the CitySocial Event Operations in Raleigh and Charlotte.
CitySocial events are experiences created for anyone looking for something new and different in their social life. Everyone gets bored of going out to the same bars and restaurants with the same people. We understand that, and have shared that exact same frustration, which is why we created CitySocial.
Our mission at CitySocial is to add value to local markets by creating unique social experiences through events. Our events bring different groups of people who live in the same city together, in organic and comfortable settings to meet and have fun.
Our team carefully selects the best bars/restaurants to create the unique setting for a memorable event. We are committed to working with local businesses to get you the best deals on food and drink prices, cheaper than you can get on an ordinary night going downtown with your friends.
We craft together themes and concepts combining food, drink and entertainment all from your local community. We do this to offer you something different, and better than the usual. The same unique experiences we were unable to find ourselves.
Our goal is, and always will be, to add new value and variety to your everyday social experiences. We encourage you and your friends to give our events a try, and enjoy the CitySocial Experience.
ResponsibilitiesSome major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assisting Event Managers in:
+Booking events for all cities 12+ months in advance
+Negotiating venue contracts with venue management
+Meeting event budget requirements
+Manage and communicate with local Event Staff for the different events in each city
+Assist with promoting events utilizing the company website, email and social sites
+Work with local vendors, non-profits and companies to bring in added value to the events for better attendee experience by finding Sponsorship opportunities
+Research and find new and exciting venues in each city
+Assist in planning of members-only Events
+This is a full-time position, there are also part-time positions available, and requires primarily daytime hours with some evening hours.
+Ideal start date is September 1st, 2016.
• Manage event budgets
• Help promote events using social media accounts, outreach and marketing channels through the company and individual accounts. Assist with all aspects of social media marketing in promoting events.
• Assist with answering questions regarding events, sponsors, vendors and non-profit opportunities
+Attend other events on a regular basis including social events and other.
+Assist with new sponsors, vendors and nonprofits attending the events
+Some local travel may be needed
+FRESH IDEAS! We love ideas and encourage our staff to help grow the company in ways we may have not thought of.
• Proven event management experience
• Great interpersonal skills both in person and by phone
• Excellent organization skills and experience with project management
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work assignments
• Strong, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to negotiate contracts and agreements
• Customer service/account executive mindset and proven experience
• Strong leader and motivator
• Willingness to learn on the fly
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Bachelor's Degree working towards preferred in event planning, marketing, communications, public relations or related field; significant work experience can substitute for degree