Wedding and Event Planning - 2017 Wedding Season May- NovemberTwoFoot Creative
Blogger/Writer/ContributorA la carte Galore
Need Event Planning intern/assistantVeronique Events
On Site Event InternshipPauleenanne Design
Event Planning InternshipPauleenanne Design
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERNDMV Food Truck Association
Event Planning & Logistics InternshipAlzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
Event Planning/ Production InternshipMakaira Inc.
Event Specialist InternBookmark This
16 Argy Terrace
Posted: November 09 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you passionate about great-tasting organic and nutritious beverages? Are you interested in learning promotional skills and being the face of a growing beverage company? We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and motivated individuals to be the face of the MAKOMAS brand. The position is an unpaid part-time internship and flexible. Your time primarily will be spent building brand awareness and increasing product sales through in-store demos and tastings of our delicious product.
The job consists of calling assigned store locations to schedule demonstrations. Once the schedule is set this person will be responsible for executing the demonstration and providing post demo feedback and reports. Demos will be conducted on monthly basis, and will be continuing through all 2016. Previous demo experience would be great, but is not required. You must be able to communicate will all types of people, and be able to draw people to your demo table. A passion for natural and organic food is required. You must be able to encourage sales in a meaningful way, be personable, enthusiastic and give energy at demos/events. You must also be able to review training material and retain information so that they can educate consumers at demos/events.
Details: Demo schedules run between 2 to 3 hours with highest volume mostly Thursday-Monday. You must be able to stand for 3 hours at a time. Must have valid driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation. You will be provided with small covered garbage can, small demo table, table cloth and other supplies. Event specialist must submit reports and pictures after each demo.
The responsibilities for this internship include but are not limited to:
- Retain key information and knowledge on MAKOMAS product
- Coordination with store managers and demo coordinators on schedules and demo guidelines
- Organize and conduct product in-store demos
- Properly sets up and prepares Event Table for execution
- Build and maintain rapport with store personnel to effectively meet company and client objectives
- Able to effectively communicate the features and benefits of the product
- Able to proactively intercept, engage, interact, and sell product to the consumer in a positive manner
- Educate store personnel and consumers
- Maintain a timely and accurate schedule
- Report daily activity to appropriate personnel
- Attend community events and trade shows
- Track customer feedback
- Maintains a professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job
RequirementsSkills and Experience:
- Strong sales skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Demo experience a plus
- Positive, contagious sprit and energy
- High level of organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance
- Retail sales and customer service experience is highly desirable
Physical Appearance: Event Specialist must ensure a professional appearance and proper grooming is in order. The event specialist must present a neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code requirements will be included in the training documents. In addition, the event specialist will be provided with MAKOMAS T-shirts for events.