American Red Cross Special Events Internship- Summer 2017American Red Cross of Chicago & Northern Illinois
Summer Internships at ISC - Conference & Events DeptInternational Sculpture Center
Events Planning InternshipBusiness Expo Center
Event Internship - Great Opportunity for Driven, Smart Creative Person!Shortlist Agency
Fall Special Events Intern - UnpaidThe National Archives
Special Events InternDance for Joy Events
Event Coordinator InternshipFun Events
Event CoordinatorRising Starz Music & Performance Academy
Special Events, Experience, Marketing and P.R. InternshipBookmark This
eCo Event Source, INC. | 1.618 Events
Posted: December 27 2015
Company Location: New Orleans, LA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 20 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWorking with founders, senior executives from the development, events, communications and management offices. Interns will assist in planning, organizing and coordinating productions, events, broadcasts, teams and marketing plans and experiences; creating unique fact-based and creative content/stories for company and client websites and social media strategies and campaigns. Interns will be invited to meet with clients and partners to follow up on events, execute items required during planning events and broadcasts etc. In this internship you will attend &create weekly reports and maintain content via virtual offices daily on events, projects and clients, vendors,related articles, broadcasts and placements. Reports are circulated via our virtual office systems to executive teams in-house and distributed to relevant client/project specific teams.
You will draft and edit press releases, news and events notices, draft media pitches, coordinate with social media team members for #chats, build media lists, manage inquiries and invitations, conduct research, brainstorm new media opportunities, help write features about clients and projects, and assist with most aspects of press outreach, content management and communications.
eCo Event Source, LLC. recently opened offices in the Greater New Orleans area. We are very excited about this growth and will be expanding into other areas within the next few months. We are seeking media department interns who will be interested in working with clients, partners and thought leading groups around the world in creating and editing content which will be promoted and marketed through partnership channels around the world.
eCo Event Source, LLC provides individuals, communities, businesses and governments with resources, options and solutions for recovery and growth in economy, environment, operations, humanities and to improve quality of life.
We create strategy, experience and media, solve problems and convert challenges to opportunities benefiting the triple bottom line.
Our top line of services include information, consulting, humanities, business SaaS, sustainable, environmental and responsibility compliance, strategy, CSR, publishing, agriculture, retail, marketing, public relations, content creation, entertainment, marketplace, tourism, experience, event, online and broadcast programming production and online/digital publishing and services.
For more information on eCo Event Source, INC. visit www.ecoeventsource.com
The CSR and Communications team works closely with the CEO’s Management Office to support all aspects of project administration for the client and special project teams. The intern will assist the Founder & CEO and Project Managers’/Directors’ efforts to define and manage project goals, tasks, issues and deadlines. The Administrative team will activate, monitor and summarize ongoing progress of projects and prepare reports for management regarding status of projects.
Responsibilities- Work with Senior executives to write and or edit content for websites and social media (meaningful, interesting, factual and creative work)
- Actively participate in team efforts in creating, producing and post events objectives
- Help create e-communications such as e-newsletters, e-postcards, text-based mail, etc.
- Assist communications office with the development/management of overall web content strategies (story ideas, social media, etc.)
- Assist in generating dialogue with fans through apps, digital events, blogs, message boards and social networks.
. In this internship you will create weekly reports and maintain content via virtual offices daily on The Sejour Groups projects and clients, related news articles, broadcasts and placements. Reports are circulated via our virtual office systems to executive teams in-house and distributed to relevant client/project specific teams.
- Draft and edit press releases, news and events notices and media pitches
- Coordinate with social media team members for planning, promoting and executing #chats with clients
- Build media lists
- Manage inquiries and invitations
- Conduct research,
- Brainstorm new media opportunities
- Help write features about clients and projects
- Assist executives, project managers and clients with most aspects of press outreach, content management and communications.
RequirementsThis is a full time, virtual, unpaid internship.
Required Hours: 30 - 40 hours per week. Days/Hours are flexible and will vary during tours or campaigns.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and virtually as a part of a team
- Knowledge of editorial, lifestyle, entertainment, fashion writing style
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Willing to help out on all levels of production
- Flexible with time and assigned responsibilities
- Positive attitude and professional behavior with team, community and clients
Experience: Interest in or experience as an special events professional, producer, journalist, non-profit, lifestyle, entertainment, social, culture, performing arts, music writer for school newspaper. Creative writing and events experience (not a requirement, but a plus)