Wedding and Event Planning - 2017 Wedding Season May- NovemberTwoFoot Creative
Blogger/Writer/ContributorA la carte Galore
Need Event Planning intern/assistantVeronique Events
On Site Event InternshipPauleenanne Design
Event Planning InternshipPauleenanne Design
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERNDMV Food Truck Association
Event Planning & Logistics InternshipAlzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
Event Planning/ Production InternshipMakaira Inc.
Events Internship - Save The BayBookmark This
Save The Bay, Inc.
100 Save The Bay Dr.
Posted: August 01 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOverview of position: Are you interested in the world of event planning and want to develop career skills? At Save The Bay, we provide interns with hands-on experience in planning, implementing and running a successful fundraising event. The Events intern will assist in obtaining donations, organizing prizes, setting up and cleaning up for events such as Save The Bay Swim, Artists for the Bay, Annual Golf Outing, and the International Coastal Cleanup.
Save the Bay is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide education to the community about protecting and restoring the ecological health of the Narragansett Bay region.
We offer unpaid internship opportunities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com and fill out the internship application on our volunteer website. For more information on Save The Bay internships, please visit www.savebay.org/volunteer and click on the Internships tab.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will learn:
• Vendor outreach regarding details and information for the event
• Contacting businesses for raffles and sponsorship
• Tracking in-kind gifts
• How to manage raffle organization and maintenance
• Event coordination and set up
• Management of volunteer events such as shoreline cleanups
RequirementsWhat we require:
• Reliable transportation
• Strong communication and writing skills; comfortable speaking to groups and making contact with the general public on Save The Bay’s behalf
• Ability to occasionally work independently with initiative
• Attend specific events during the internship
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
• General office skills including proficiency with computers and the internet