Technically Media Events InternshipTechnicallyMedia
Jewish Organization Seeks Assistant Event CoordinatorYJP New York
Event Planning & Design InternshipInnovate Marketing Group
Event PlanningEvent Kings
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Donor Development & IHOP Campaign InternThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Junior Marketing Assistant: Event PlannerEvents bykeko
Events Internship (Spring 2017)THUZIO
BERLIN MUSIC VIDEO AWARDSBERLIN MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS
Events Logistics InternBookmark This
Susan G. Komen North Texas
6130 W. Parker Road
Posted: May 16 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Susan G. Komen® and Komen North Texas
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen and launched the global breast cancer movement. Susan G. Komen North Texas is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community. Through events like the Komen North Texas Plano Race for the Cure, Komen North Texas has invested $10 million in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in Collin, Cooke, Denton, Fannin, Grayson, Hunt, Montague and Wise Counties. Of the net proceeds Komen North Texas raises, 75 percent is invested in North Texas. The remaining 25 percent goes to the national Susan G. Komen Grants Program to fund scientific research. For more information, call 972-378-4808 or visit komennorthtexas.org.
Contributes to overall event and logistics planning efforts of Susan G. Komen North Texas.
Responsibilities• Assist with planning and execution of Komen North Texas events:
o Plano Race for the Cure
o Ride for the Cure
o Wichita Falls Race for the Cure
• Assist with preparing and executing for Plano Race June 11th, This will involve office work and on-site logistics.
• Assist with preparing for monthly committee meetings for all three major fundraising events which includes creating presentation materials and following up with committee chairs and staff
• Other office and administrative projects to support the Events Logistics Manager
• Other tasks as assigned by Komen North Texas staff
Requirements• Must be in pursuit of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferably in Event Planning, Hospitality & Tourism, Fitness & Rec Sports, Recreation or Event and Sports Management) during the semester you wish to participate in the internship. Other majors will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
• Preferred previous work experience in office environment, but not required.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Must be competent in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator and Word).
• Preferred experience with Adobe Illustrator, but not required.
• Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities.
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong personal interest in Komen’s mission.
• Must be able to commit to the Summer with the Affiliate.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office Applications, Able To Multi-task, Energetic, Self Motivated
Preferred - Event Planning, Marketing, Communicaitons