Social Media & Community Management InternDreamsCo
Special Events Intern - 5KCASA of Bradley and Polk Counties
Special Events Intern - Red Shoe GalaCASA of Bradley and Polk Counties
Public Relations AssistantJauch Agency
Established Event Company Seeking InternTier 1 Events
Brand Ambassador - Full Time- Entry LevelAMP Exposure
Events/Sports Medicine InternshipMedPrep Consulting Group
Operations InternFeeding Children Everywhere
Events Production InternshipBookmark This
New York, NY
Posted: August 03 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIdeasmyth is the holistic creative communications branding consultancy founded by Victoria C. Rowan. Ideasmyth’s personalized services (coaching, classes, editing, events, recruiting and other resources) support clients in developing their endeavors, increasing their brand exposure and achieving their most important personal and professional goals. Her outside-the-box consulting sensibility has been informed by her varied career across many related fields. Whether she was founding Mediabistro.com’s multi-million-dollar education division, writing for dozens of top media outlets (such as The New York Times, The Financial Times, NPR) or booking top talent for major venues, like a season at the 92nd Street Y Poetry Center, she always has remained true to her mission of cultivating and celebrating creativity. Ten+ years later, Ideasmyth has served over 1000+ creatives of international renown in all areas of the media, film, business, education, legal worlds, including: New York Times bestselling authors, top journalists, Emmy-nominated screenwriters, multiple Grand-Slam Moth Storytellers, and many critically acclaimed professionals of all stripes--even the ones that don’t think they’re creative!
At Ideasmyth, interns will have a chance to develop strong communication and professional skills to give them a competitive advantage in the workforce. Interns will receive valuable experience in all aspects of entrepreneurial business development.
While this is an unpaid internship, it is designed to be an educational and career-advancing experience where interns will be doing meaningful work and advance their careers and every effort will be made to reward superior performance.
● Personal mentorship to help them achieve their career goals
● Networking and career advancing opportunities
● Depending on skills and performance, the possibility for paid commissions
Responsibilities● Assist the CEO in planning and executing Ideasmyth events, and in the management of staff and vendors
● Brainstorm ideas for event topics, panelists, and activities
● Collaborate with Editorial/Public Relations interns in brainstorming marketing strategies
● Build relationships with potential partners
● Research and maintain databases related to event planning
● Update event calendar for Ideasmyth’s website
● Liaise with video/photographers of events to making sure all video/photos are backed up and used in social media effectively
Requirements● Managing and event planning experience, with an interest in event coordinating
● Ability to commit to 15 to 20 hours per week (office hours: Mon-Thurs 9-2pm) for a minimum of 3 months with a preference for candidates in graduate programs who want 6 months of work experience to develop their skills and portfolios
● Essential equipment: smartphone, laptop and headphones
● Insatiable curiosity
● Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
● Organizational ninja who enjoys juggling multiple projects
● An upbeat goals junkie who enjoys contributing to the Ideasmyth team!