Event CoordinatorFTK~Konnect Events
American Heart Association Social Market InternAmerican Heart Association
Event Production InternshipGBK Productions
Special Events Planning InternEmpire Events Group
Meetings & Education Intern - Winter/SpringSentergroup
Special Events Intern - Spring 2017The Lupus Foundation of America- DC/MD/VA Chapter
Event and Operations ManagerFlour LA, Inc.
WordTheatre Event Planning InternWordTheatre
Fundraising/Event Planning InternBookmark This
Leading Ladies of Legacy Inc.
Posted: February 01 2015
Company Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWHO OUR INTERNS ARE
At their core, our INTERNS are people who have aligned intentions inside
of our mission and vision statements. They are people who have
extraordinary commitment to making a difference in the fulfillment and
satisfaction of the girls and young women we serve. Interns are inspired
people who are willing to take on creating the results we are committed to producing, inside the commitment we have for our business to be an expression of what it is to lead, educate, display character, and serve the community.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Our commitment is that all interns generate satisfaction and fulfillment during
their tenure with our company, and such as, we are committed that interns have
clear pathways for being in action and producing the results for which they are
accountable in areas that inspire them, as well as in increasing their personal
productivity, expanding their integrity, and developing themselves as more
powerful, able, compassionate, and contributing human beings. As such, each
and every Intern will work with their supervisor to create training and
development program that is well thought-out, fully –planned, well organized, and
Schedules are flexible with your schedule and include some weekends.
ResponsibilitiesDUTIES FOR FUNDRAISING INTERN
• Working alongside the Director and other staff members you would be involved in researching potential donors and trusts and writing and submitting funding proposals.
• Working alongside the Director you would be involved in maintaining and developing links with potential local and national donors.
• Monitoring and evaluating our existing projects. Making recommendations for project improvements where necessary.
• Organizing and implementing exciting fundraising events both locally and nationally; for example dinner parties, legal events, charity balls and exhibitions etc. These are both to raise awareness of the charity and to increase our funds to support youth in Atlanta.
• Working with local staff to design new projects for girls and young women in Atlanta and sourcing funding for their implementation
• Researching and implementing a cost effective Income Generating Activity that would bring funds into the charity to utilize in our projects and enable a level of self sustainability for the charity.
? Experience in Fundraising
? Good written and spoken communication skills in English
? A passion for working with girls and young women
? Good computer skills
? Enthusiasm, dedication and a willingness to have fun!
? Be able to work on your own initiative and with minimal supervision
• Following is a list of the Technology Requirements of the position:
• Email (for communicating with other employees and clients)
• Facebook (for interacting with customers on our Facebook Page)
• Google Docs (for organizing tasks and information)