Events and Marketing internsTAVERN ON THE WHARF
Social Media & Community Management Intern6 Degrees Business Networking
Meetings & Expositions InternASAE
Chef's Market Event Sales + Account InternChef's Market
Event AssistantDowntown Cultural Arts Center
Marketing InternshipGlynn Hospitality
Meetings & Education Intern - Summer/FallSentergroup
Events Coordinator/Business Development ManagerPeopleConnect
INTERN FOR SPECIAL EVENT PLANNINGBookmark This
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
2100 Arch Street
Posted: November 10 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has an opening for an INTERN IN OUR EVENTS DEPARTMENT.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia's mission is to mobilize financial and volunteer resources to address the community's most critical priorities in Greater Philadelphia, in Israel and around the world.
One of the very important aspects of the Jewish Federation’s work is to host dozens of events throughout the year both for both donors and the Philadelphia community at large. We are looking for an intern who can help with all aspects of event planning logistics. This is a great opportunity to work with and learn from two seasoned event planning professionals. Jewish Federation is willing to work with students to meet the requirements for college credit.
ResponsibilitiesIntern Responsibilities Will Include:
• Working directly with Director of Special Events and Projects and Director of Events and Promotions on all events within the internship timeline
• Attending planning meetings with volunteer event chairs and internal staff
• Working with marketing, PR, social media and production staff to coordinate all aspects of event communications.
• Proofreading materials such as scripts and invitations
• Preparing event paperwork as needed
RequirementsIntern Qualifications Include:
• Strong communication and organizational skills; the ability to be comfortable speaking with people and answering questions
• Proven ability to multi task the various elements of a long term project and meet required timelines
• Candidate must be punctual, flexible, reliable and professional in attire and attitude
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Preference, but not a requirement, to be pursuing a degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management with a concentration in Event Leadership, Destination and Event Management, or Hospitality Management
• Experience with event planning is a plus
• Interns must be able to work a minimum of 14 hours a week.