Event Planner for Transformational EventsDivine Purpose Enterprises
Event Management Internship – only 12 hours per wk - Toronto, CanadaDIGIMARCON
Event Management Internship – only 12 hours per wk - San Diego, CADIGIMARCON
Event Management Internship – only 12 hours per wk - Santa Monica, CADIGIMARCON
Event Management Internship – only 12 hours per wk - Jersey City, NJDIGIMARCON
Event Management Internship – only 12 hours per wk - Los Angeles, CADIGIMARCON
Event Planner InternshipPosh Quinceaneras
Marketing, Social Media and Communications InternLUX Events & Catering
Junior Event Coordinator/Sales Manager AssistantBookmark This
248 west 35th street
New York, NY
Posted: January 27 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEvent planning and rental company (part of LaptopMD brand) is looking for an intern/junior event coordinator. This is an intern part-time position (at least 20h/week) with full-time job opportunity after graduation. We can be flexible with your schedule.
You will mostly work from the office (Midtown Manhattan) and deal with customers over the phone and email.
Responsibilities- Communication: Event coordinators talk to clients, listening to their needs and presenting ideas and solutions to their requirements. They also work with suppliers, contractors, employees, on-site crew and many other parties at the same time. Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Calm Under Pressure: Many things can go wrong during an event, and something eventually will. Event coordinators need to remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
- Negotiation Skills: Event coordinators will need negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Inevitably, something will go wrong at an event. Being able to quickly solve the issue over the phone and on-site is required.
- Gain knowledge and experience in B2B (Business to Business) and B2C Sales
- Participate in developmental activities
- Network with leaders across multiple functions
Knowledge of audio and video equipment is a big plus.
SkillsRequired - Tax Accounting, Sales Administration
Preferred - Sales & Marketing Leadership, Sales Administration, Tax Audit Representation