ANALYST - PROCESS IMPROVEMENT - Event ManagementLRT
Event Production InternThe Visionary Group
Social Media/Sales/MarketingCharisma Events & Consulting
Marketing & Events InternOviedo Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
Event Managment Interniship available at Worlds Largest Indoor Karting FacilityNASKART LLC
Events, Marketing, & Public Relations InternshipJoonbug
Promotions and Events Internship-Entry Level with Paid TrainingGCR Acquisitions, Inc
EVENT ASSISTANT- Sales / Marketing / Account ManagementImperial Solutions, Inc
Junior Event Coordinator/Sales Manager AssistantBookmark This
248 west 35th street
New York, NY
Posted: January 27 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEvent planning and rental company (part of LaptopMD brand) is looking for an intern/junior event coordinator. This is an intern part-time position (at least 20h/week) with full-time job opportunity after graduation. We can be flexible with your schedule.
You will mostly work from the office (Midtown Manhattan) and deal with customers over the phone and email.
Responsibilities- Communication: Event coordinators talk to clients, listening to their needs and presenting ideas and solutions to their requirements. They also work with suppliers, contractors, employees, on-site crew and many other parties at the same time. Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Calm Under Pressure: Many things can go wrong during an event, and something eventually will. Event coordinators need to remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
- Negotiation Skills: Event coordinators will need negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Inevitably, something will go wrong at an event. Being able to quickly solve the issue over the phone and on-site is required.
- Gain knowledge and experience in B2B (Business to Business) and B2C Sales
- Participate in developmental activities
- Network with leaders across multiple functions
Knowledge of audio and video equipment is a big plus.
SkillsRequired - Tax Accounting, Sales Administration
Preferred - Sales & Marketing Leadership, Sales Administration, Tax Audit Representation