Event CoordinatorFTK~Konnect Events
American Heart Association Social Market InternAmerican Heart Association
Event Production InternshipGBK Productions
Special Events Planning InternEmpire Events Group
Meetings & Education Intern - Winter/SpringSentergroup
Special Events Intern - Spring 2017The Lupus Foundation of America- DC/MD/VA Chapter
Event and Operations ManagerFlour LA, Inc.
WordTheatre Event Planning InternWordTheatre
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Special Events InternBookmark This
American Cancer Society
6165 S. Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV
Posted: February 02 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The American Cancer Society’s, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, is a non-competitive walk that takes place every year in October around the nation. Our event unites thousands of breast cancer survivors, caregivers, volunteers, corporate and community partners together to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer programs and research.
The Special Events Intern will primarily focus on helping to plan and execute the 2016 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk and Kickoff Breakfast.
Responsibilities1. • Pre-event planning and organization
• Recruiting and working with volunteers
• Assisting with event logistics
• Database maintenance
• Supply procurement
• Materials distribution
• Securing in-kind donations
• Track communications and donor status
• Inventory items as they are received
• Create item displays
• Other duties as assigned
RequirementsWe are looking for an organized, phone savvy intern who must:
• have the ability to work as part of a team
• have excellent telephone communication/customer service skills
• have excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office required
• Ideally, the candidate would be available 15-30 hours per week Monday – Friday.
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and proofing skills
• Strong customer service ethic
• Effective oral communication skills