Sales and Marketing Event InternNxtevent
Event Coordinator InternCre8t2 Branding Agency
Social Media ClerkMer Events
Event InternshipShiraz Events
Music Venue Internship - Special Events DepartmentRelix Media Group
Assistant Event PlannerA Moment In Time Wedding & Event Production
Design AssistantA Moment In Time Wedding & Event Production
EVENT ASSISTANT- Sales / Marketing / Account ManagementImperial Solutions, Inc
Marketing & Events InternBookmark This
Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce
1234 6th St
Santa Monica, CA
Posted: July 18 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGENERAL SUMMARY: The Marketing & Events Intern is responsible for assisting the Marketing & Events Coordinator in Chamber public relations and communications, publications and media relations. He/she is also responsible for assisting in regards to Chamber special events, including planning, organization, promotion, sponsor solicitation, event execution, and working with volunteer planning committees.
ResponsibilitiesSPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
1. Assist in promotion of all Chamber events and activities, including distribution of flyers, news releases, etc.
2. Support of volunteer event organizing committees.
3. Assist in solicitation of event sponsors, including (but not limited to) follow up calls to secure participation and/or proclamations of governmental officials, guest emcees, etc.
4. Assist in development of scripts, agendas, printed programs, etc.
5. Assist in organization and execution of all special event logistics.
6. Assist in updating of Chamber event online presence
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Professional attitude and appearance.
2. Self starter with pleasant, public oriented attitude.
3. Ability to work as part of a professional team.
4. Ability to recognize problems or potential problem areas prior to their development.
5. Personality necessary to interact successfully with a wide variety of volunteers.
6. Planning & prioritization skills.
7. Knowledge of basic graphic and layout principles.
8. Expertise in Windows based computer programs including Word, MS Publisher, and Excel
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office
Preferred - Microsoft Publisher, Adobe InDesign