Business Development / Sales InternUnspoken Languages
Wedding and Event Planning - 2017 Wedding Season May- NovemberTwoFoot Creative
Blogger/Writer/ContributorA la carte Galore
Need Event Planning intern/assistantVeronique Events
On Site Event InternshipPauleenanne Design
Event Planning InternshipPauleenanne Design
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERNDMV Food Truck Association
Event Planning & Logistics InternshipAlzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
Marketing & Events InternBookmark This
Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce
1234 6th St
Santa Monica, CA
Posted: July 18 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGENERAL SUMMARY: The Marketing & Events Intern is responsible for assisting the Marketing & Events Coordinator in Chamber public relations and communications, publications and media relations. He/she is also responsible for assisting in regards to Chamber special events, including planning, organization, promotion, sponsor solicitation, event execution, and working with volunteer planning committees.
ResponsibilitiesSPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
1. Assist in promotion of all Chamber events and activities, including distribution of flyers, news releases, etc.
2. Support of volunteer event organizing committees.
3. Assist in solicitation of event sponsors, including (but not limited to) follow up calls to secure participation and/or proclamations of governmental officials, guest emcees, etc.
4. Assist in development of scripts, agendas, printed programs, etc.
5. Assist in organization and execution of all special event logistics.
6. Assist in updating of Chamber event online presence
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Professional attitude and appearance.
2. Self starter with pleasant, public oriented attitude.
3. Ability to work as part of a professional team.
4. Ability to recognize problems or potential problem areas prior to their development.
5. Personality necessary to interact successfully with a wide variety of volunteers.
6. Planning & prioritization skills.
7. Knowledge of basic graphic and layout principles.
8. Expertise in Windows based computer programs including Word, MS Publisher, and Excel
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office
Preferred - Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher