Event Planning (Development) InternThe Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Community Services Center
Festival Management InternVA StrEats
Italian Rest. in SoCal & Gelato Shop Seeks Culinary School Students & Grads As InternsBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Social Media InternBrunch and Slay
Production Accounting Assistant InternshipEyesight Fashion & Luxury Inc.
Production Assistant InternshipEyesight Fashion & Luxury Inc.
Event Planning InternshipProject DragonFruit
Event Planner Internship1,000 Shoes for 1,000 Smiles
National On-Water Standards Project AssistantBookmark This
National On-Water Standards
1500 K Street, NW
Posted: July 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe goal of the National On-Water Standards Grant Project is to identify and reach national consensus on a system of On-Water standards for recreational boat operators, organizing and aligning On-Water skills and in-classroom knowledge standards across the three domains of recreational boating: SAIL, POWER and HUMAN.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point, as website based programs)
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Manages national team validation programs
- Updates project website
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinate with teams to utilize technology to improve communication
- Collaborates with internal and external team members on projects and assignments
- Organizes and collects data for analysis/reporting
ResponsibilitiesManage a national recognition program for qualified trained evaluators, including awarding certificates of completion, managing the database, reviewing qualifications
Manage project website, including updates to content and style
Organize the logistics of 8 National Validation Testing Sessions, including travel, participants, food & beverage, site selection, people management
Assist with test data collection and management, including on-line use of survey monkey tool
RequirementsExperience with boating a plus
Willingness to travel
Interest in diverse parallel assignments
Strong social media capabilities
SkillsRequired - Social Media Communications, Brand Communication, Content Managed Websites, Digital Project Management, Exit Surveys, Coordinate Events, Data Management and Maintenance, Contract Logistics
Preferred - Boating, Enthusiasm to learn, Social Media Communications, Event Planning and Management