IMMEDIATE NEED: EVENT ASSISTANTS NEEDED IN METRO ATLANTANATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN OWNED SMALL BUSINESSES, INC
Summer Special Events Intern (Full - Time) - UnpaidThe National Archives
Event Coordinator / Program DevelopmentB~STEM Project
NEW OFFICE - EVENT ASSISTANT NEEDEDColorado Promotional Group
Social Media & Community Management InternThese 3 Words Weddings Events & Catering
Events managerWorld Arts
Events Intern For Company Geared Toward Minority WomenBrown Girl Bloggers
Event Planner InternshipOviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
Operations Traveling InternshipBookmark This
American Junior Golf Association
1980 Sports Club Drive
Posted: September 01 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The AJGA is looking for talented and well-rounded applicants to serve as operations interns. Interns will travel extensively throughout the United States during the internship to help conduct national junior golf tournaments.
• On-course rules officiating
• General tournament set-up and preparation
• Golf course set-up and preparation
• Start and score players
• Monitor equipment inventory, maintenance and replenishment
• Public speaking
• Customer Service
• Operation and maintenance of company vehicles
• Working with golf course staff, sponsors, stakeholders and volunteers
• Maintain and work within a tournament budget
• Golf knowledge is preferred, but not mandatory
• Experience in event management/operations is preferred
• Past experience in a team environment
• Efficiency, multi-tasking and time management
• Ability to work and communicate in a team atmosphere
• Highly motivated and self-starter
• Willingness to take an active leadership role
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills
• Basic computer knowledge and skills (Microsoft Office)
• Fiscally responsible
• Must be at least 21 years old prior to the start of the internship
• Must have a valid driver’s license for a minimum of three years
• Legally eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Must either be working towards or achieved a Bachelor's Degree
• Work outside in extreme weather and temperatures
• Work in direct sun exposure
• Drive and operate company vehicles and travel via plane
• Drive and operate a golf cart
• Use and operate company equipment, i.e. radios / walkie-talkies
• Ability to spot golf balls on the course
• Stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Communicate both verbally and in writing
• Lift equipment up to approximately 50 pounds
Details and Application
• Spring and Summer Season (mid-March – mid-May/ mid-May – August/Labor Day)
• The AJGA will pay a $250 per week stipend for the spring and a $275 per week stipend for the summer.
• All tournament-related expenses (lodging, food, gas and laundry) will be paid by the AJGA
• In limited instances a week off could happen for a team. In this case all travel, food and lodging will be on each individual if they determine to go home or stay in the city in which they are located. In this case, time off is unpaid.
• Travel to and from Atlanta prior to and after the internship will be on a stipend basis.
• Each intern will be provided with clothing, shoes and sunglasses
• Spring Deadline: November 11, 2016
• Summer Deadline: January 9, 2017
• **Summer candidate finalists will be required to attend a mandatory Intern Recruiting Weekend March 3 – 5, 2017. Food and lodging will be provided and travel will be on a stipend basis.
Please visit www.ajga.org/careers for the initial application. Applicants will receive an email once the application has been processed on additional hiring steps. Please note, the review of your application and successfully moving to the next stage of the hiring process a consent form for a criminal background check will be sent to you.