Special Events InternDetroit Public Television
Development/Special Events: The Longest DayAlzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
Public Relations InternshipColorado Promotional Group
Business Development / Sales InternUnspoken Languages
Wedding and Event Planning - 2017 Wedding Season May- NovemberTwoFoot Creative
Blogger/Writer/ContributorA la carte Galore
Need Event Planning intern/assistantVeronique Events
On Site Event InternshipPauleenanne Design
Part-Time Event Management InternBookmark This
44 Washington Street, Suite 220
Wellesley Hills, MA
Posted: August 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSD Events is an elite boutique event planning agency producing creative, high-end, distinctive affairs. Whether it’s traditional, eclectic, urban or vintage country, we make our client’s vision a reality. Our goal is to develop a personal connection with our clients and match them with the best professionals in the business – from the most sought-after florists and photographers, to the best entertainers and custom printers. As a full-service boutique firm, we work with clients at all stages of the planning process and develop a strong working relationship ensuring all elements are in place.
The Event Management Intern will play an integral role in the planning, execution and design of a variety of events. This is an extremely hands-on, fast-paced internship. If you are passionate about event planning and design, you will learn about a variety of events first-hand. All internships are unpaid opportunities for currently enrolled college students, or volunteers who hold experience with event planning.
ResponsibilitiesAs an Event Management Intern, he/she will work with the teams responsible for putting together detailed plans to execute a full season of events. The candidate must be able to work independently. The event organizer is hands-on and will require working as part of a team. You will need to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear, effective communication, critical thinking, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. You must be able to work well under pressure, make decisions and ensure the smooth and efficient running of an event. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to fund raising, communication with client’s vendors or nonprofit client’s network, and event staff, and other duties as assigned. This position will report to the Senior Event Producer and Principal Event Producer/ Owner of SD Events.
• Planning, coordination, and management of all types of events
• Coordination with event producers and different vendors
• Managing event timelines, invoices and contracts
• Working with our team to obtain proper information for invitations and materials
• Working directly with our team to plan and execute all logistical items for the events
• Working with Principal Event Producer to coordinate donation collection and proper documentation for non-profit fundraisers
• Prepare logistic documents for all vendors
• Handle marketing projects with social media, blog posts and marketing and advertisement materials
• Assembling projects for Weddings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Fundraisers, Etc.
• Day of Event Management and assistance with production and set-up for events
• Answer phones and manage other administrative duties
• All other duties approved by Senior Event Producer and Principal Event Producer
RequirementsInternship positions are Part-Time and require office hours of 2-3 times a week, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with an additional requirement of working at least 2 events for set-up and production experience. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, by the above deadlines for consideration.
SkillsRequired - English, Microsoft, Excel, Google Drive
Preferred - Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop