Italian Rest. in SoCal & Gelato Shop Seeks Culinary School Students & Grads As InternsBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Social Media InternBrunch and Slay
Production Accounting Assistant InternshipEyesight Fashion & Luxury Inc.
Production Assistant InternshipEyesight Fashion & Luxury Inc.
Event Planning InternshipProject DragonFruit
Event Planner Internship1,000 Shoes for 1,000 Smiles
Intern - Special Events, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Design AssistantA Moment In Time Wedding & Event Production
Placemaking InternshipBookmark This
Downtown San Diego Partnership
1111 6th Ave
San Diego, CA
Posted: June 20 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Downtown PBID (Clean & Safe Program) is a maintenance assessment district funded by downtown property owners. The Clean & Safe Program maintains over 275 blocks and operates 24/7 to keep Downtown at its best with enhanced maintenance services, including beautification efforts on behalf of the downtown community.
To learn more about the Downtown San Diego Partnership, please click here: http://www.downtownsandiego.org/clean-and-safe/
The intern is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure accurate and high quality deliverable in the Organization. You will support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to the Placemaking Department. The work entails professional planning, design and management of public spaces with sensitive information and requires strong organizational skills, excellent time management and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to work within a complex organizational structure to prioritize and manage multiple projects and issues with frequent deadlines
• Review public and private projects proposed in Downtown
• Planning and design for various urban interventions, public activation strategies and capital improvement initiatives throughout Downtown
• Review, research, develop and monitor streetscape and open space initiatives Downtown
Office Tasks Include but Not Limited To:
• Research grant opportunities
• Graphic Design
• Develop data base for open spaces and programming in Downtown
Event Tasks Include but Not Limited To:
• Correspondences with clients, sponsors, vendors, restaurants, etc.
• Soliciting event participants via phone/email/social media
• Production/coordination of event logistics
• Marketing materials design
• Event experience a plus
• Graphic Design experience a plus
• Knowledge of Downtown San Diego a plus
• Familiarity with Word/Excel/Outlook
• Outgoing and friendly disposition
• Organizational skills are essential and an eye for detail is a must
• Must be able to delegate phone calls to solicit event participants
• Take on new tasks as requested
• Flexibility and the ability to work well in a team in a high-stress situation
• Must be able to report updates and information to the Placemaking Manager
• Must be present in San Diego, California to work in house with the Placemaking Manager.
How to Apply:
• Prepare Cover Letter describing why you are the right candidate for this internship with specific examples
• Attach current resume
• Provide References- at least two professional references
• Email all information to the HR department to email@example.com
• Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview
The Organization is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER