Event CoordinatorFTK~Konnect Events
American Heart Association Social Market InternAmerican Heart Association
Event Production InternshipGBK Productions
Special Events Planning InternEmpire Events Group
Meetings & Education Intern - Winter/SpringSentergroup
Special Events Intern - Spring 2017The Lupus Foundation of America- DC/MD/VA Chapter
Event and Operations ManagerFlour LA, Inc.
WordTheatre Event Planning InternWordTheatre
Race CoordinatorBookmark This
383 Main Avenue
Posted: June 16 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe MMRF Team for Cures 5K Walk/Run Program is a national fundraising program held in 11 cities, includes 20,000 race participants and raises over to $2.6 million annually. The Race Coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting in every aspect of the planning and execution of the MMRF Team for Cures 5K Walk/Run Program. This individual is a critical team member who is responsible for coordinating participant and donor relationships for each 5K event in order to maximize revenues and cultivate relationships with patients and donors. Serves as outreach point person to key constituents and cultivates important relationships within the program. In addition, the position aids in coordinating volunteer recruitment, participant recruitment, team fundraising goals and event logistics.
Responsibilities• Work collectively with the Manager and Race Manager in developing and implementing a plan of operations for assigned races which includes specific fundraising goals, timeline, logistics, volunteer activities and recruitment, marketing and sponsorship plan for each event.
• Develop long term, positive relationships, and coordinate registration and event logistics with regards to the MMRF.
• Identify, recruit and manage individuals/team members to maximize fundraising goals.
• Collaborate and coordinate promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of the Foundation and its mission.
• Willing to travel 10% of the time, weekend travel required for 11+ events.
• Direct the cultivation and meaningful involvement of all participants, doctors, pharmaceutical employees and sponsors.
• Professionally and effectively represent the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation and its mission to the public, volunteers, and other entities.
• Communicate aspects of pre-event operations such as outreach, recruitment, race newsletters and coordination of participants.
• Create new innovative and user-friendly avenues for recruiting participants.
• Collaborate with Events teams and across departments to work together toward common goals, including improving systems, cross cultivating with Endurance, Signature and Independent Events and learning about MMRC activities.
• Oversee relevant administrative duties with regard to donations, updating fundraiser donation pages, collecting information from team members.
Requirements• Minimum of Junior at University/College pursuing a Bachelors Degree
• At least 0-2 years of relevant event coordinator experience and fundraising successes within a similar industry preferred.
• Successful large-scale events and fundraising experiences preferred.
• Marketing experience and excellent persuasive skills with strong negotiation capabilities necessary.
• Demonstrate ability to provide leadership, organize fundraising activities effectively, and participate in high-level client support.
• Proven ability to deliver high-touch customer service (e.g., keep contact logs, conversation notes, and implement follow-up flags).
• Experience and ability to present and comfortably speak in public is strongly preferred.
• Strong project management skills, including ability to manage and prioritize projects with multiple and often competing deadlines.
• Superb organization skills with high attention to detail.
• Overall technical proficiency in Microsoft office applications required.