Coordinator (Event Planner)The Thaddeus Foundation
Social Media Marketing & Community Management InternChickey Boston
Part - Time Event Coordination INTERNSLMGBrand
GATE PROGRAM AMBASSADORSAction for Boston Community Development, Inc.
Special Events InternshipH3 Concepts
Special Events InternshipSeven Hills
Special Events InternshipAres Direct
Special Events InternshipLEP
Recreation ProgrammingBookmark This
Shelby Farms Park
6489 Mullins Station Road
Posted: October 21 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTitle: Recreation Program Intern
Supervisor: Coral O’Connor, Events + Programs Assistant
Purpose: To assist the Events + Programs Assistant in developing and implementing a diversity of programs for underserved communities and new target audiences in the surrounding Memphis area for the purpose of recruitment and retention of children, families and adult audiences.
Brief position summary: The Recreation Programming Intern will assist in implementing existing and creating new programs for children and families, such as Greenline Gardens Workshops, Wise Trek Programs, Field Trips and Woodland Discovery Camps.
• Assist in creating and retaining relationships with Memphis organizations, businesses, community centers, churches and other pertinent partnering agencies that can aid in enhancing SFPC programs
• Participate in recruitment and tabling events in the Memphis community
• Intern will have an opportunity to gain experience in planning, organizing, leading and evaluating various recreational programs
RequirementsRequirements and Qualifications:
• Experience with Microsoft office (excel, word, etc.) + Google Docs
• Driver’s license + personal vehicle
• Event + programs experience
• People/conversational skills and strong verbal communication
• Ability to recruit and engage partners for youth and adult programs