Community Outreach & Events InternshipSchools for Girls
Event CoordinatorThrill of the Hunt
Web Developer ASAP UnpaidChic Events Group Inc.
Public Relations Intern Unpaid ASAP1Chic Events Group Inc.
Event Planning InternshipCentral Flroida Renassiance Faire, Inc
American Red Cross Special Events Internship- Summer 2017American Red Cross of Chicago & Northern Illinois
GAIN EXPERIENCE AS AN EVENT COORDINATORFlorida Business Consulting
Social Media & Community Management InternDreamsCo
Special Event InternBookmark This
Office of Cultural Affairs and Special Events
50 Arcand Drive
Posted: September 21 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLowell offers a unique blend of urban amenities and suburban convenience with the backdrop of unmatched natural beauty. There's a Lot to like about Lowell. The Office of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (C.A.S.E.) is the official event production and marketing office of the City of Lowell.
Join a fun team and help promote Lowell’s special events. As a C.A.S.E. intern, you will gain hands-on experience helping to plan, promote and implement high-quality events.
ResponsibilitiesDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist the Special Events Coordinator with any of the following tasks (as needed):
• Help plan and coordinate the City’s annual large and small scale special events such as WinterFest, July 4th Celebration and City of Lights Parade and Celebration.
• Assist with City logistical support for other events including the Lowell Folk Festival, Southeast Asian Water Festival, Monster Bash
• Help promote all special event activities through print, electronic or media outlets.
• Draft press releases, event descriptions and promotional materials
• Organize and distribute periodic event email blast for distribution to downtown businesses, and other interested parties
• Maintain distribution lists
• Communicate with outside agencies regarding ongoing events as necessary
• Participate in post-event evaluation
• Help coordinate business participation with certain City events (Monster Bash Trick or Treat Trail, City of Lights Window Decorating and Hot Chocolate Contests)
The ideal candidate for this internship will be majoring in communications, public relations, business administration, event management or a related field.
• Versatile writer willing to advance skills and range
• Dependable, self-starter interested in developing creative problem solving skills
• Solid computer skills and literacy in Microsoft Office package
• Interest in communications, special events and outreach
• Availability to work some weekends during events
• Good humor and willingness to work in a fast paced, team environment