Community Outreach & Events InternshipSchools for Girls
Event CoordinatorThrill of the Hunt
Web Developer ASAP UnpaidChic Events Group Inc.
Public Relations Intern Unpaid ASAP1Chic Events Group Inc.
Event Planning InternshipCentral Flroida Renassiance Faire, Inc
American Red Cross Special Events Internship- Summer 2017American Red Cross of Chicago & Northern Illinois
GAIN EXPERIENCE AS AN EVENT COORDINATORFlorida Business Consulting
Social Media & Community Management InternDreamsCo
Special Events CoordinatorBookmark This
Empowerment Driven by Knowledge Coalition
2208 Washington Avenue
Posted: February 10 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionInterns at Empowerment Driven by Knowledge Coalition and Laws Entertainment Group gain invaluable experience working on advocacy projects as well as live music and community events with over 5,000 participate. We are looking for an intern to assist with all facets of special event planning. The internship will be approximately 5-10 hours per week. As an intern, you will work directly with the Executive Director in planning, supporting and executing a wide-range of events which include working with celebrities, political officials, businesses and communities. This person will also help assist the Marketing Department with some administrative duties as needed. You will become familiar with the processes of business administration, while also learning in a creative and innovative environment.
Responsibilities• Work with Executive Director to coordinate event logistics
• Event planning, promotion, and on-site execution including set up and tear down
• Maintain up-to-date event documents including site-schedule forms and action plans
• Procure and organize supplies for events
• Position will shadow marketing department staff, offer input into projects, will be invited to meetings, and may be asked to assist other departments
Requirements• High School Diploma with some course work at a 4-year college or university
• Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have a strong interest in event planning/marketing
• Some late evenings and weekends will be required
• Previous event volunteer experience a plus
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time
• A “can do” attitude and desire to learn
• Ability to follow instructions and also work independently
• Creative and detail-oriented