Wedding and Event Planning - 2017 Wedding Season May- NovemberTwoFoot Creative
Blogger/Writer/ContributorA la carte Galore
Need Event Planning intern/assistantVeronique Events
On Site Event InternshipPauleenanne Design
Event Planning InternshipPauleenanne Design
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERNDMV Food Truck Association
Event Planning & Logistics InternshipAlzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
Event Planning/ Production InternshipMakaira Inc.
Special Events InternBookmark This
Easter Seals Florida
2401 E. Henry Avenue
Posted: August 25 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJob Title: Special Events Intern (unpaid)
Reports To: Kate Lanahan, Special Events Manager
Commitment: Minimum of 10-15 hours/week
Duration: 10-15 weeks
To assist the Vice President of Advancement and Special Events Manager with event planning, sponsor identification and recruitment, volunteer recrui¬tment and management, marketing and development goals for the Tampa region of Easter Seals Florida.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1) Work with Vice President of Advancement and Special Events Manager on A Pair to Remember, Walk With Me, annual donor reception and support annual fundraising campaign activities.
2) Maintain the following for A Pair to Remember and Walk With Me: sponsor identification databases, special gift drives, donation requests, volunteer fundraiser management, in-kind food and beverage donations, and any other event related planning as determined by the Vice President of Advancement and Special Events Manager .
3) Help manage and request vendor bids and solicit in-kind event support for services and rentals.
4) Work with Community Engagement Manager to create stewardship materials for current donors and
volunteers, volunteer recruitment and management.
5) Populate online calendars with ongoing events.
6) Participate in weekly staff meetings, monthly Board of Directors meetings and monthly event committee meetings.
7) Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill this internship. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Enrollment in or completion of four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher). Experience with Adobe In Design, Photoshop or Illustrator a plus.