Event CoordinatorThrill of the Hunt
Web Developer ASAP UnpaidChic Events Group Inc.
Public Relations Intern Unpaid ASAP1Chic Events Group Inc.
Event Planning InternshipCentral Flroida Renassiance Faire, Inc
American Red Cross Special Events Internship- Summer 2017American Red Cross of Chicago & Northern Illinois
GAIN EXPERIENCE AS AN EVENT COORDINATORFlorida Business Consulting
Social Media & Community Management InternDreamsCo
Special Events Intern - 5KCASA of Bradley and Polk Counties
Special Events InternBookmark This
American Lung Association
Posted: August 27 2015
Company Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic is seeking interns to work virtually in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania area.
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERN - The Special Events Internship is offered to students and professionals who have an interest in event planning, marketing and staging fundraisers. This is a required 3 month commitment (minimum) where the intern will gain knowledge of planning and executing an event, including developing sponsorship, soliciting in-kind donations, working with vendors & participants, recruiting special event volunteers, managing event volunteers and organizing event logistics. The Special Events Intern will work directly with and report to the Area Development Director.
INTERN MUST LIVE IN THE LEHIGH VALLEY AREA.
Responsibilities- Work under the supervision of the Special Events Coordinator to plan and organize all special
- Communicate event details and fundraising information to participants through telephone calls
- Recruit new participants through community events, corporate calls, athletic groups, social
media and much more.
- Cultivate relationships with current donors and event participants through fundraising and
outreach calls and emails
- Assist with volunteer coordination of events
- Work with the Development Team to cultivate new corporate partnerships throughout the
Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia and New Jersey area in order to secure funding for ALA’s programs and special events
- Solicit and secure in-kind donations for prizes and event day needs
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Development Directors
- Attend occasional special event committee meetings and special events (when possible)
Requirements- Experience or interest in event marketing
- Enthusiasm to learn and a team player
- Ability to work some weekend and evening hours
- Must work one event