Innovative Event Planner Intern for a Hemp and Eco-Conscious Non-ProfitHemp Educate America
Event Production InternElevated Entertainment Solutions
Homeless Point-In-Time CensusAction for Boston Community Development, Inc.
Business Development / Sales InternChic Occasions
Human Resources InternPosh Quinceaneras
Graphic Design InternPosh Quinceaneras
Events InternAction for Boston Community Development, Inc.
Special Events InternshipLEP
Special Events InternBookmark This
The Salvation Army National Capital Area
2626 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Posted: July 13 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnder the direct supervision of the Volunteer and Donation Drive Coordinator, the Special Events Intern will support the Development Department by assisting with events associated with the holiday season, such as: donation drives, Safeway’s Feast of Sharing, the Angel Tree Program, and Share the Warmth. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Minimum: 15 hours/week for 3 months.
ResponsibilitiesBelow identifies the essential responsibilities of the position, but is not exclusive:
• Promote seasonal service opportunities, recruit volunteers and field inquiries from individuals and groups interested in volunteering.
• Plan and coordinate the logistics for multiple Share the Warmth coat drives and for Safeway’s Feast of Sharing, a Thanksgiving event.
• Organize the operations associated with corporate and community donation drives, including picking up and delivering drive boxes, materials and donations.
• Attend special events and assist with day-of-event coordination.
• Correspond with sponsors of the Angel Tree Program, a holiday gift program, and answer questions regarding the program.
• Manage the gift packing distribution space.
• Completed or working towards a college degree, preferably in a related field.
• Computer literate with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to prepare professional promotional materials.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple detail-oriented projects.
• Comfortable performing general clerical work including letter writing, filing, faxing, copying, answering phones, responding to emails, etc.
• Ability to project a professional and positive image of The Salvation Army.