Business Development / Sales InternUnspoken Languages
Wedding and Event Planning - 2017 Wedding Season May- NovemberTwoFoot Creative
Blogger/Writer/ContributorA la carte Galore
Need Event Planning intern/assistantVeronique Events
On Site Event InternshipPauleenanne Design
Event Planning InternshipPauleenanne Design
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERNDMV Food Truck Association
Event Planning & Logistics InternshipAlzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
Spring Special Events Intern (Full - Time) - UnpaidBookmark This
The National Archives
700 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Posted: October 14 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Special Events department organizes the National Archives’ 4th of July at the National Archives Celebration, Naturalization Ceremony, Archivist Award Ceremony, exhibition openings, rentals, and private meetings and events.
Special Events internships offer an excellent opportunity for gaining hands-on experience for students interested in Hospitality and Tourism Administration. The role of the Special Events Intern is to assist with the coordination of all daily activities by working with and assisting the Special Events Office.
ResponsibilitiesThe Special Events Intern is responsible for the following.
- Assisting coordination, event logistics and tasks of the National Archives VIP events, i.e. July 4 at the National Archives, Maryland Day, National History Day, NARA Sleepovers , Archivist Awards Ceremony and Naturalization Ceremonies
- Manage event records, including guest lists and vendor information
- Schedule meetings and events in event database
- Help coordinate event logistics for each event or meeting
- Play a key role in outreach, record keeping, and organization of third party event partnership.
- Manage and update event marketing materials and guest mailing lists.
- Assist with special event and day-of-event operations including set-up, tear-down and other manual labor projects.
- Assist with mail merges, envelope stuffing, data entry, filing, and vendor communication.
- Other administrative duties as assign
RequirementsAll internship applicants must be U.S. Citizens. Applicants must also be currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited college or university. Preference is given to students currently enrolled in programs related to event planning, hospitality and tourism.
Hours: 20 hours a week, minimum. Must be available for evening events on weekends and Federal Holidays (i.e. July 4)
Students interested in an internship with the Special Events Office must submit the following:
cover letter explaining your interest in the internship
two letters of recommendation
college transcript (official or unofficial)
short writing sample
SkillsRequired - Event Planning, Coordinating Meetings, Internships
Preferred - Event Planning and Management, Hospitality, Tourism Management, Coordinate Meetings, Internships, Museums