IMMEDIATE NEED: EVENT ASSISTANTS NEEDED IN METRO ATLANTANATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN OWNED SMALL BUSINESSES, INC
Summer Special Events Intern (Full - Time) - UnpaidThe National Archives
Event Coordinator / Program DevelopmentB~STEM Project
NEW OFFICE - EVENT ASSISTANT NEEDEDColorado Promotional Group
Social Media & Community Management InternThese 3 Words Weddings Events & Catering
Events managerWorld Arts
Events Intern For Company Geared Toward Minority WomenBrown Girl Bloggers
Event Planner InternshipOviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
SunFest Event Assistant InternshipBookmark This
525 Clematis street
West Palm Beach, FL
Posted: August 10 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIntern for Florida's largest Music Festival!
SunFest is looking for an Event Assistant Intern to work on event operations and volunteer management.
Founded in 1982, SunFest is Florida’s largest waterfront music and art festival. Held annually in downtown West Palm Beach, Florida the first week in May, SunFest attracts more than 175,000 visitors. The festival and the patrons that it attracts have a very positive impact on the local community.
ResponsibilitiesPosition Purpose: Coordinates the delivery of assigned elements of event production, and volunteer management
Position Status: Seasonal, January – May
30 – 40 hours/week, depending on need
Position Compensation: Stipend/16 week program
Reports to: Event Director
• Coordinates festival equipment and signage as assigned. Ensures that committees receive needed supplies and signs in a timely and competent manner
• Maintains and coordinates warehouse inventory systems for year-round control, storage and checkout of event supplies and equipment
• Coordinates production and distribution of all festival credentials relating to the operations of the event
• Updates and maintains proposals, insurance certificates, non-profit forms, contracts, handbooks, brochures and other related correspondence for the festival by the Event Director
• Assists Event Director with SunFest sponsored special events as requested. Tasks may include programming, site operations, coordinating requirements with City, County, and State
• Completes tasks associated with scheduling of volunteers i.e. processing of applications and distribution of materials
• Manages and organizes art show applications for the Art Committee
• Assists in the preparation for volunteer orientation meetings
• Responds to volunteer and art show related inquires as needed
• Performs other duties in support of the organization as needed
• Internship for seniors earning a BS in Recreation & Leisure Services or related field
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel